So I found some NE-7M's...
Mar 31, 2009 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Logistics

500+ Head-Fier
from Nuforce and the earphones themselves are in great condition, but the cover broke off the microphone portion, and the plug is sort of chewed up from being run over. So I think I should recable these babies. I have no interest in the mic portion so I can go with a normal 3.5mm stereo plug. Any suggestions for a cable for these?

Note: At the moment I am constantly using Skullcandy Ink'd Smokin' Buds. Am I going to be wow'd?

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 5
First, I'd just like to say that I HATE dealing with enameled wires. Heh.

Since I hated the earbuds that came with my iPod, I used it's cable to recable my NE-7M's. These sound very good! I would almost venture to say they are slightly more detailed than my Skullcandy's except that they also lack in bass, heavily compared to the Ink'd Smokin' Buds so it may just be a lack of bass allowing me to hear a little more detail.

My recable (after the Y-split since I didn't want the dumb Mic portion) is not pretty (especially if you remove the shrink-tubing, heh) so I would humor the idea of having them recabled professionally if there is someone who does them AT the drivers instead of how I did it.

Bottom line: Good for free!

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logistics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First, I'd just like to say that I HATE dealing with enameled wires. Heh.

Since I hated the earbuds that came with my iPod, I used it's cable to recable my NE-7M's. These sound very good! I would almost venture to say they are slightly more detailed than my Skullcandy's except that they also lack in bass, heavily compared to the Ink'd Smokin' Buds so it may just be a lack of bass allowing me to hear a little more detail.

My recable (after the Y-split since I didn't want the dumb Mic portion) is not pretty (especially if you remove the shrink-tubing, heh) so I would humor the idea of having them recabled professionally if there is someone who does them AT the drivers instead of how I did it.

Bottom line: Good for free!

well ibud cords aren't exactly known for being quality.
when that wears out, try some other stuff. navships on ebay has some good stuff.

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They probably don't lack in BASS. It is natural BASS your most likely hearing. The Skullcandy INK'D has bloated, muddy BASS. They are even a ripoff at $10.

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with Skullcandy's. I love my Skullcandy's! I have heard the comments about muddy bass before and I don't find it muddy. The NE-7M's sound similar to my MDR-V700's which also lack in bass compared to my Skullcandy's. We'll see how they sound on my TEA2025B amp when it's done. I could run the NE-7M's on the amp, too, but I worry that the very high wattage of the amp would kill them.

Edit: And when I play a Bass test CD and can't hardly notice the infrasonic frequencies on the NE-7M's but they are nice and full on the Skullcandy's, I definitely have to prefer the Skullcandy's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well ibud cords aren't exactly known for being quality.
when that wears out, try some other stuff. navships on ebay has some good stuff.

I am not well versed when it comes to eBay. Is there a way to search for a seller? If so, I cannot find it. Are you saying he has some nice cords or did you mean to say I should try some entirely different phones? In any case, I am thankful for the suggestion... if I could just find the seller. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back