So I Decided to Try a Bit of Romance
Oct 31, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
If you make an apppointment with your OSC, and she/he is late, just tell your OSC:ULATE .....

Not come across that word before

What about if you dont want to go to dinner because you are ill and have already eaten

OSC:ILL,ATE

Oct 31, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #32 of 48
I think that many candles is cool. Those kinds of candles are fine. They burn themselves out within the night and are self-contained. If I use put them on small candle plates, but they's just me. As long as you watch 'em, they're fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish my husband would come up with an idea like that on his own. He put his best foot forward when we were dating and made himself out to be this ultimate romantic, but his idea of a romantic movie is something from the Alien series. And no, that is not a romantic movie.

No, he's a man of many qualities, but romantic? No. If he tries at all it just ends up something funny.
smily_headphones1.gif

OTOH, I was in a relationship with a guy that was the complete other extreme, would want to do one of these special nights like every night... ya know at first you think you're lucky, but it really does get old when the only dyanmic level is forte ALL the time. Believe it or not, you get bored.

So once a blue moon, this is an awesome thing to do, and I hope you enjoyed yourselves.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #33 of 48
Plainsong, do you encourage him? You say you wish he would come up with ideas but then when he tries it is just funny. I hope you haven't laughed, but rather dropped subtle hints. I also hope you have a good understanding of what he would like once in a while!

Women are pretty confusing, or I have just picked the confusing ones......

Oh and the plates is a good idea, those metal holders get hot enough to damage paint and varnish. Be careful people!

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidicman
Any other suggestions? Flames make my GF nervous!

You need some tube gear. Just imagine cuddling with your OSC by the warm glow of a tube amp playing some romantic tunes. Hubba hubba....need I say more?

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #35 of 48
I feel awkward to when people say "partner" i just assume they go the other way. I have yet to try this with my F.OSC when I move back to Aus, hope I don't burn down the dorm...Could you imagine, your OSC knocks over a candle with her leg, and the rubbish dorm carpet ignites...Reminds me of Van Wilder-anyone?

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidicman
Plainsong, do you encourage him? You say you wish he would come up with ideas but then when he tries it is just funny. I hope you haven't laughed, but rather dropped subtle hints. I also hope you have a good understanding of what he would like once in a while!

Women are pretty confusing, or I have just picked the confusing ones......

Oh and the plates is a good idea, those metal holders get hot enough to damage paint and varnish. Be careful people!

Yeah, I encourage him, and when it's funny, which is most of the time, it's intentionally so.
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't feel I'm confusing, but it's something men say in general so I have no perspective on it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkamus
Looks less romantic and more of like a satanic cult with all those candles!

You say that like the two are mutually exclusive.

Anyone else find this a little creepy? I know my lady friend would be more than a little upset if I actually posted pics like this on some message board.

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
Anyone else find this a little creepy? I know my lady friend would be more than a little upset if I actually posted pics like this on some message board.

Thought about that myself, which is why neither of us are in the pictures. I dont see how pictures of a living room are creepy, but meh, whatever.

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
Thought about that myself, which is why neither of us are in the pictures.

By this Scotty means the good pictures are available by paid subscription only
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
You say that like the two are mutually exclusive.

I think we know from pictures past to never ever ever post a female SO's pic on this board. Even when she's not even the subject of the picture, the creeps come out to play. Having said that, there are worse places still.

But anyways, it's just a pic of a room with candles. The only thing that would upset me if it were my flat would be if it looked cluttered or dirty.

Nov 1, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #42 of 48
Multiple candles, wine and romantic music? There must be a "ManLaw" against this! I mean I'm all for romance as long as I don't have to get out of the lazyboy and it doesn't interfere with the ball game. However if your OSC is Christopher Lowell please disregard the aformentioned rant.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Nothing says, "romance" like a $450 night light.

1162058287-1.jpg

biggrin.gif

-Ed

Ahhhh, bless you Moth Audio. My OSC likes butterflies. Hmmm... butterflies are like moths, right? I think I know what to get my OSC for the upcoming non-denominational good time event (along with the liquid centred bowling ball).

Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
I think we know from pictures past to never ever ever post a female SO's pic on this board. Even when she's not even the subject of the picture, the creeps come out to play. Having said that, there are worse places still.

That's my OSC in my av, and the only creep who's commented on it has been yours truly!
biggrin.gif

OSC indeed. I was using WHB (Wicked-Hot Babe) until this. Much more user friendly.
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #44 of 48
But weren't you the guy who bought a poodle, and your SO just happened to be in the pic, and at first the comments were nice and funny, and then it started to creep a bit?

And it's far worse on other forums of course.

Nov 2, 2006 at 8:12 AM Post #45 of 48
After witnessing numerous naked couples standing outside their burning homes......I'd say just try a few larger,floating candles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back