so i called UE today and..
Aug 14, 2007 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
asked them if it is possible to make triple fi into a custom mold earphone, not just custom mold tips but the whole change over. she said it isnt possible but i might want to visit this site and check out what is available.

the address she gave me was

H E A D - F I . org

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, thats awesome that they actually directed a customer to head-fi.

X2, what a compliment huh? Really goes to show you what the big players in the audio community think of our little community here.

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, UE have traditionally been pretty supportive of us here. You only have to look at the giveaways they continue to lavish on us...

ya, i wanna win that UE-11pro!
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 19
UE has great customer support. The other day one of my foamies included with my SF3's ripped from the plastic piece. I emailed them and got an email back asking for my mailing address, so that they could send me replacements for free. UE made my day.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
asked them if it is possible to make triple fi into a custom mold earphone, not just custom mold tips but the whole change over. she said it isnt possible but i might want to visit this site and check out what is available.

the address she gave me was

H E A D - F I . org

evil_smiley.gif

Woot for UE giveaways and recommending you to head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #10 of 19
I've had similar experiences with other companies directing me to a community that was well respected by the industry. Was nothing major, but it was funny, seeing how the mfgrs actually keep track of our forums.

Won't delve into specifics on that though. Totally unrelated hobby of mine.

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by saboteur1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had similar experiences with other companies directing me to a community that was well respected by the industry. Was nothing major, but it was funny, seeing how the mfgrs actually keep track of our forums.

Won't delve into specifics on that though. Totally unrelated hobby of mine.

I'm glad manufacturers do keep track of forums. Especially for higher or even lower end headphones to see what their buyers are commenting and saying. I hope Denon is tracking this forum too
smily_headphones1.gif
hint hint

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #12 of 19
If the manufacturers really kept track of this forum then they would've already closed up shop and found another line of work, since they'd learn that AKG is the only company that matters. Since they haven't, it obviously means they aren't really paying attention to the Head-Fi forums.

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #14 of 19
Well of course they're gonna send you here. Where else can a group of complete strangers convince you to spend $900+ on a pair of IEMs that you can't try beforehand and lose 100% of their resale value the moment you get them.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back