So, I broke my Ultrasone 2500s....
Apr 17, 2009 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

grndslm

1000+ Head-Fier
by sitting on them!!

The thing snapped right underneath the hinge. I was just thinking to myself about how I needed to sell these things a week or so ago.

Anyway... what do you guys recommend (besides being more careful)?? A splint and some Krazy glue? Sell 'em here to a good (read: better) home?? Ship them back to Ultrasone for a fee and have them repaired (how much?)??

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #2 of 17
Ouch, poor phones! I'd suggest you contact Ultrasone and see what they say (maybe you shouldn't mention you actually sat on them
wink.gif
).

Apr 17, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 17
Prolly work if one of there reps doesnt come in this thread
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 17
duct-tape.jpg

Or super glue. Whatever works! Or, you could sell it to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 17
Who would I contact? I remember around the time I bought these, Ultrasone of America was being shut down. Do I need to contact Ultrasone directly then? And do you guys think it makes a difference if these are B-stock 'phones?

Anybody done this before? If they do charge me, got an idea of how much?

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 17
I would just email Ultrasone, not mention how it happened, and don't mention money. Let them tell you if and how much they're going to charge you. Kind of like how you shouldn't admit to speeding to a police officer if you're going 5 over... you're no better off admitting fault.

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #8 of 17
It never hurts to try contacting Ultrasone and just ask them if you can get a replacement part. After listening to a pair of Pro750s I worked on for a customer, I liked them so much I asked Ultrasone if I could purchase a pair of 750 drivers. They were very accommodating. However, US support has changed and I've read that they don't make parts available anymore. But, again, it doesn't hurt to try.

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice ethics you got there. :-/

Uh oh here's the ethics police, I knew they would show up sooner or later. How is anything I said unethical? You're not saying "Oh well they just broke one day while I was listening to them, it's your fault for making a defective pair you better repair them!11!111" and being deceptive. You're saying, "My headband broke, what are my options/what can you do to help?"

Apr 18, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ethics? It's only in Ultrasone's best interest that my headphones remain functional for advertising purposes. Sheesh. My cans need a bail out, man!!

Yeah, seriously, it's probably the cheapest advertising a company can do... fixing a problem like this that probably doesn't cost them much at all. An extreme example of this is Shure, repairing numerous customers' out of warranty products for free. Ultrasone uses the same OEM headband for all their headphones anyway, and it's not exactly the strongest there is.

May 4, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Or super glue. Whatever works! Or, you could sell it to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

I might have to take you up on that offer. What do you think a pair of Ultrasone 2500s with a cracked headband is worth??

I received this email from Ultrasone a couple days ago...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultrasone Rep
Hi Jason-We certainly can repair these for you however we will need to
> charge you for labor ($35.00 flat fee), shipping (UPS ground), and
> parts which range anywhere from twenty cents to twenty seven dollars
> depending on what needs to be repaired.
> What we do is have you return the headphones to us, our repairs
> department will diagnosis them we will e-mail you a repairs quote.
> If you approve of the repairs, we will set you up with a Pay Pal
> payment. Once the payment has cleared we will begin work on your
> headphones.
> Thank you
> Crystal
>
> ULTRASONE Inc.
> 20602 Fox Den Rd.
> Wildomar, CA 92595
> USA

Soo... it should cost maybe $60 & a little bit of waiting time to repair these. I think now is the time for me to get a new set of cans, so if anybody has an offer, I'm listening. I'll probly post a thread in the FS/FT section, but I don't know what a good price would be. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back