so i bought a used car from a dealer.. but..
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I went nuclear on them:

did you count all those hours spent as pro bono?

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #17 of 29
how come they call it 'pro bono'?

if you aren't getting paid, isn't that more of an 'amateur' status?

wink.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #18 of 29
Used car dealers must be the same all over the world, Always trying to pull little stunts like this. I would defiantly drive round and talk face to face with the guy. It is to easy to make excuses over the phone.

Congrats on the choice of car, I love the 350Z.

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #19 of 29
thanks for the inputs. i see that i should have had it checked before i actually drove it out. ehh, but again, it is too late for that..

anyways, it is a big dealer in south coast so i think they will somehow arrange a service. but the time it takes.. man..

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #21 of 29
How about paying them a personal visit instead of calling?
That often helps, meeting them in person.

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #22 of 29
Funny thing I just finishde reading a roar and track artical about 350 zs and thier long term reliability at the doctors ofice today. it sound like they suffer from many fit and finish problems to get them in at price piont. Most of the problems are well know and cover by factory warenty so hopfully you can get coverage.

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you got it reversed. think about it what would you rather trust: written document with both signatures present or mine blabbing unilaterally along with a friend of mine about how you had promised me xyz but didn't really get it in writing??

I am not 100% precise in my response, but good enough for this situation.

I am not saying you are wrong about oral > written doc ...it's just that in America we do things the American way
biggrin.gif

I agree to an extent, I should have said I was speaking from the perspective of someone who has studied/is studying Australian Law. Though I think you'll find the laws are very similiar, the oral part of the contract exist unless it contradicts the written contract in which case the written contract takes charge (put simply). (I'm aware it gets a lot more complicated then this, but basically 90% of the time the above is how it'll work out).

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree to an extent, I should have said I was speaking from the perspective of someone who has studied/is studying Australian Law. Though I think you'll find the laws are very similiar, the oral part of the contract exist unless it contradicts the written contract in which case the written contract takes charge (put simply). (I'm aware it gets a lot more complicated then this, but basically 90% of the time the above is how it'll work out).

I am speaking from someone who has sold products in a biz in America...my attorney told me that I was governed by Article 2 of UCC and I am sure it said written > oral if oral was before or at the same time the K was written. And I had to make sure to get something in writing if I were selling more than I think $5000 worth of stuff.

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #27 of 29
went there 7 30am in the morning and just came back. it was so damn tough to get things done. actually, it hasn't resolved yet but they signed that they will fix small tear in top and the power mirror.

they werent willing to do anything but after i showed them the email conversation that i saved, he finally said ok, right before i was about to drive out of there.

and this was it:

i was thinking, just because im somewhat pissed. can i file a small claim for my old license plate frame and the remote key? and perhaps, even gas since he promised?

another thing is that they all have their sales license on the board but i didnt he his.
ph34r.gif

HIM
I am finishing what I started...
I always do...

It's not me that makes the decision on when they can schedule an appoinment for you to come in.
I told you that and you wouldn't listen.

I gave the service manager the request/due bill to schedule it, so if he's busy and can't schedule it right away.
Your going to have to deal with that, period.

It will be taken care of, you just have to be patient.
We're not going to screw you over.
Relax.

Jeramiah

ME
i can just forget about you and you can just forget about me.
i know that. but i want YOU to finish what you started.

you can call me when you will.
i wont get upset at you.

after all, we'll have to see once or twice more, either we like it or not.

HIM
Subject: RE: 350 z
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:45:41 +0000

James,

We do thourough checks on all of our cars before selling them.

When you bring it in for your appoinment, they'll look it over.

I'll let you know when your appoinment is scheduled for.

jeramiah

ME
hi,

much thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

well, most of used cars, that is sold in dealer, supposed to be done with maintenance and i dont think mine was done yet for some reason. so, please advice them to do a thorough check when they get the car. my car didnt start today and i had to try several times and wait a little bit to try again, in mcdonald's.

oh, yeah. where is my license plate :p

anyways, ill see you tomoro
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks,

James

HIM
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:24:50 +0000

James,

We need to wait until Monday to call them to set up the appoinment. They're not open on weekends.

As for the top and side mirror, that will be taken care of as promised.

I can have them check the sockets too. Not sure what they'll do, but I will mention it to them.

Sorry about the gas, it was late and we must of forgot.
I'll take care of you when you come down for your appoinment.

I believe you will get a loaner, I'll have to check with the service department Monday.

ME
hi,

have you made an appointment?
when should i bring the car?
also, as for rental, do i get a free rental with insurance?
if not, maybe i can drive that accord again during the serice.

i made a quick list of the things that they can do for me.
1. right mirror not functioning
2. right sear mirror is cracked!(needs replacement)
3. hole in the cloth cover top
4. electronic sockets, both front and back, dont work
5. keys
6. this is probably check but transmission oil/engine oil/washer fluid and so on
7. my payoff was $6433.60 so maybe i can get $66.40 back as a overpayment
8. this is very minor but when you buy a car, dont you normally fill up the gas tank? dude, mine was empty and i had to stop by at the gas station on my way home!

thanks,

James

HIM
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:21:50 +0000

Thanks again James,

I will check on that for you.

I'll let you know.

Also I spoke to my girlfriend about her clothing line...

She is very interested in speaking with you about it further.

Best,

Jeramiah

ME
hi,

please dont forget to check on the key for me.
i think the one that i took tonight is the spare key.

i suppose to have:
Remote keyless entry system w/rolling code protection, remote front window down & trunk release
according to the information
smily_headphones1.gif

many thanks,

James

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #28 of 29
Dress for business. Park the car in the front of the showroom at its busiest time. Talk about your problems firmly, but with decorum. Lower your voice when they start to talk turkey, but do not accept their offer to take the converstation into private. Finish the negotiations in the main showroom area. Be vocal, but keep it civil. Good luck.

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #29 of 29
i got an agreement, for the repair.

and it has been past one month since the date.
whenever i call in, the service dept says that they dont have the part..
and still waiting on the required part to arrive.

can i file a claim on this since i now have em in writing and it's past one month?

i bought the extended warranty on this. i think i should cancel the warranty, too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back