so how does it all end?
Jun 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

chunghow3

New Head-Fier
*crossposted @ Jaben.. :)

so here i am.. 2-3 years into my audio journey.. i would not consider myself hardcore audiophile but i do like my music and gadgets.. on the quest to find my sound i have tf10s, PFEs, futuresonics, and a pair of q-jays.. problem is.. i like all of them for some different odd reason and can'bring myself to sell any of 'em.. have a couple of entry level amps, C&C Box+ and a Xin but haven't really found much synery with my current IEMs.. i believe that it is not totally about gear.. it is about the journey to find the way that you like music.. i believe that through this little journey i have become a more critical lesson, hopefully a better appreciator (if there is such a word), and that is why this journey will go on for a bit.. but it is pretty scary because the amount of $$ is limited and gear isn't.. so here's the question before the main question.. how would i expand the variety of sound based on what i have and am in denial to sell? and.. just how does it all end? sell everything? stop visiting jaben & headfi..

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 8
And you only have 17 posts... Can you imagine how much I should leave head-fi?

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 8
you will feel much better once you give me your gear

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 8
It doesn't.  Too many people won't admit it but the hobby becomes obsessive.  The whole process of making a purchase, waiting for the product to arrive, unboxing it, hooking it up, playing those favorite tracks, etc...it gives off an adrenaline high.

Yes, you would have to make a decision to stop visiting these sights and JUST CONCENTRATE ON ENJOYING THE MUSIC!  Like an alcoholic trying to spend time at a bar but not drinking.  It just doesn't work.

Nothing wrong with a hobby but when the purchases get in the way of paying bills for basic neccesities it becomes a problem.

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
it ends when you die. That's the only escape :)

jleewach is wise and correct.  When you die, it ends.  Perhaps if you religious you might be able to ask god to fashion you the best possible headphones imaginable.  Or perhaps even just have the music and sounds appear right in your mind instead of having to wear headphones!

but yes, we all have this problem.  Most of us are not happy, truly anyway.  Bigger and better things come out every few years so our quest never ends.  Even if you find the right headphone, you still need an amp that matches and goes well with it, then you need the proper source with lineout/a great output, has flac support, or sound card, then you need lossless music.  

it is possible to rummage through 40+ headphones, amps and soundcards and sources just to find something that makes you moderately happy.  Which is what i have done and still have not been successful in.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back