So how do you SoftMod a card???
Aug 12, 2003 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I am confused. All the guides I've read so far talked about bios updating and o/c using different utilities. I've pretty much tried everything and it isn't doing anything for me. I've the card o/ced right now but I dont' know how to unlock the 4 extra pipelines. I've also updated my 9500 non pro bios.

Aug 13, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 7
If you softmodded the card correctly, it will still register as a 9500np, but the 4 extra pipelines will be unlocked. It's not something that you check a box for. The pipelines were just "locked" in teh BIOS. The real way to see a performance difference is to run some tests, both benchmarks and run some games, noting the picture quality. Then, if you don't have some benchmarks or don't remember what the games looked like before, head over to www.hardforum.com and ask around. The vid card forum is one of the most busy.

Edit, I haven't done this as my proc is a slot 1 (if that tells you how old it is) and my vid card has about as much memory as the Zen's buffer. 15 year olds have no money........
mad.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 7
I did benches and saw no difference, that's why i was confused. Actually I just found out I renamed the wrong file when I copied the new hacked file before updating the driver. I get bad checkerboard effect after softmodding, I guess I this card wasn't cut for it.
frown.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
I did benches and saw no difference, that's why i was confused. Actually I just found out I renamed the wrong file when I copied the new hacked file before updating the driver. I get bad checkerboard effect after softmodding, I guess I this card wasn't cut for it.
frown.gif

Well, if you renamed the wrong file, that could be the cause for it. Fix that and return the card to it's stock specs and try again. If you don't have a card that softmods well, you will know now.

Aug 13, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 7
Soft modding is 50/50 with the 9500.
You just might not have a compatible card.
frown.gif

You should have little trouble OCing it to pro levels though.
cool.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 7:51 PM Post #7 of 7
1ghz?? try half that. It's one of those slot 1 500mhz P3s without the active cooler. Its got a huge ass heatsink on it and the PSU fan is blowing across it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back