So how do you like the Zune 80?
Nov 27, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #47 of 177
Canada for me too.
The software is fine, not perfect, but so much nicer to use. Love the back button that remembers where you were. iTunes drove me crazy not having this feature many times. Not having a structured view is so fresh and new. I got over the missing features, I just want to hear my music and not waste time rathing songs and creating tons of playlists. I thought I did, but in the end I never really used these features a lot. Pain in the ass, really. LOL

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #48 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by LQQK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let your Ipod friends play with it for about 5 minutes and it becomes obvious which one they think is cooler/better...

I have showed mine to several ipod owners and they are amazed...I show them podcast, videos (My DVDs), Radio (Very good reception), Pictures and let them listen to lossless music on an old pair of sennheiser HD 450 (Which I'm replacing with something more efficient for the player) and they are blown away by the sound quality and easy to use controls.

You do not need a EQ.

Software sucks right now, but that's to be expected on just about any new release,,,They will fix it soon...

Very happy with mine...

LQQK

I personally belive EQ is a must with IEM's, but perhaps that's just my ears. I think my outer ears have a natural mid range dip.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #49 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally belive EQ is a must with IEM's, but perhaps that's just my ears. I think my outer ears have a natural mid range dip.

I should have said "IMO"..My bad choice of wording.

I personally don't like EQ's but many of my friends do.
wink.gif

LQQK

Nov 27, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #51 of 177
I bought one the other night, and promptly returned it. The sound was too shrill for me, it started hurting my ears. Of course since there's NO FRICKIN' EQ I couldn't fix that problem. And yes, since it's a hardware issue they say it can't be fixed by a firmware upgrade.

There's another reason I got rid of it -- you can't just hook it up and drag 'n drop files to it. They absolutely FORCE you to use the Zune software. I had problems with the software not syncing properly, and later I tried the USB drive hack which only partially worked (read files, couldn't write anything).

All that being said I think the Zune has great potential, but came up a bit short on some big issues in my opinion. They say the EQ was left out because of power concerns -- so simply make it an option to turn it off to conserve power. Also, not making it work like a USB drive really sucks and would have been super simple for them to do. I suspect they intentionally left this feature out to make it harder to pirate music. Yes, it makes it harder, and quite annoying, but it doesn't stop it. I'm really fed up with all this DRM crap, the only people it hurts are the legitimate customers. Crazy..

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #52 of 177
Nov 27, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #53 of 177
If dragging/dropping files to the zune was priority, there's always a simple regedit to give you that function. I've enjoyed the switch and don't miss itunes+ipod at all. To each their own.

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #54 of 177
well im currently looking for a new dap since my poor H340 is at its capacity. you guys know where i can read up on the zune where hopefully its not biased... because atm the only thing big is what this and the ipod?

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #55 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought one the other night, and promptly returned it. The sound was too shrill for me, it started hurting my ears. Of course since there's NO FRICKIN' EQ I couldn't fix that problem. And yes, since it's a hardware issue they say it can't be fixed by a firmware upgrade.

This's what I was fearing. What headphones were you using?

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #56 of 177
I've spotted a few isolated reports of hardrive noise/electro interference when the platter spins up. Any of you guys experienced this? Even in the slightest? I'm curious because this player is at the top of my list for HDD based players, and I'd hate for some like that to effect my experience.

Thanks,

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #57 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've spotted a few isolated reports of hardrive noise/electro interference when the platter spins up. Any of you guys experienced this? Even in the slightest? I'm curious because this player is at the top of my list for HDD based players, and I'd hate for some like that to effect my experience.

Thanks,

The only reports I've heard supporting that are from people who use the pack in headphones. I've never heard it with my PX100s.

Nov 27, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #59 of 177
I'd like to meet that guy who hears his music straight for over 22 hours! 22-45 hours, who cares. Unless you're away from a plug. My ipod would never last 22 hours.
I think any hdd mp3 player has the possibility of hdd issues. It's not like the ipod hasn't had its issues. I can't believe how many unfair reviews there are about the zune. Damn.

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #60 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
battery life does not seem to live up to microsoft's numbers. cnet got 22 hours
Zune 80 official battery test results | Crave : The gadget blog
pcmag got ~19 hours
Here Comes the Zune - Microsoft Zune 80GB: Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine
wired got 18 hours
80GB Zune Reviewed, Verdict: One Small Step for Media Players, One Giant Leap For Zune | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

Dude, the battery life on the Zune 30 is improved. So, they still can increase the life for the Zune 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back