So how do you answer the phone?
Aug 24, 2007 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

digitalmind

Headphoneus Supremus
Hope everyone's having a great summer!

What do you say when you pick up the phone?
Your company's name? Some groovy "Yo", "Whazaa" or just "Hello"?

I like to do it Yeeesssss? for those that I know, but a more normal "Met Rik" (sort of like "Rik speaking") for unknown numbers.

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 45
At work: Wildlife Enforcement, bonjour.

Cell: Hello. (or "Hey" if I'm feeling edgy)

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 45
it depends
when its one of my friends:
sometimes i do the "yeeessss"
or say their name like the richmeister
maybe i'll do "ahoy-hoy" a la mr burns
or i'll say "yeahwhatsup"
if its my home phone, gotta do the ol' "hello?"

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 45
The other day I called my dad and he just picked up the phone and then, nothing. I just realized that there was no more ringing and then I said, "Hello?" I thought it was usually the person who answers who says somethign first

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 45
For someone I don't know: "Hello??"

For someone I do know: "Yeah??"

I hate phones and talking on the phone, so I'm usually don't make any efforts to be polite unless it's my Grandma or someone important like my employer.

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 45
For cell phone with call display and someone I know, they usually get "Hey, What's up?" or "Oui, allo?" if I'm in a weird mood...

Everything else is just a plain hello...

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 45
"So how do you answer the phone?"

I don't, ever. I let the answering machine pick up and I screen the calls. If it is someone I am in the mood to talk to, I will call them back. I don't have a cell phone, and I'm not convinced I will anytime soon. Although I may break down eventually and get one to have 'just in case' (for emergencies, or car breakdown, etc). Even if/when I do get a cell phone, I still will not answer it, I will let them leave a message, be it voice or text, and I will get back to them if I am in the mood.

I guess it's safe to say that I'm not much of a phone person.
blink.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #14 of 45
Unknown: "Hello?"
Friend: "Hey."
Telemarketer: Depending on mood, either I don't pick up, or I pick up and ask them where the hell they get off phoning me at this time of day, even if it's early in the afternoon. I also enjoy going along with their offers until they ask for payment information. In that case, I hang up and thanks to their auto-dialers, they lose my number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back