So, HFI 580!
Jul 10, 2011 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
Heard some good reviews and it's pretty cheap.

LOVE BASS :D

i have a lot of music on my computer but SOUNDS LIKE CRAP so i guess i should get an amp right? any reccomendations under 120$? 

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 19

Quote:
Heard some good reviews and it's pretty cheap.

LOVE BASS :D

i have a lot of music on my computer but SOUNDS LIKE CRAP so i guess i should get an amp right? any reccomendations under 120$? 

Heya,

What sounds like crap? What bitrate/sample are your music files? Low bitrate MP3's are going to sound like junk even more so through nice headphones that will reveal the missing data that ripped out to make it smaller with compression so it will sound awful. If you have high quality music files and it sounds bad in high end headphones, it's more likely the DAC or EMI that is causing the bad sound. Amping is only necessary if the sensitivity and/or impedance makes it too difficult for you to get acceptable volume from the headphones. After that, there's only minor tweaks that different amps can add to the sound. But an amp does not just magically enhance sound to be better if it was bad to begin with.

Give us more info.

Are you using onboard sound? Soundcard? What are your music files compression, bitrate, etc?

Very best,

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 19

Quote:
@ineedmorebase Alright, now I'm confused...

Didn't you say that you hated the HFI-580 just a few minutes ago?

Yes, he did. 14 minutes later he now is asking about a set he supposedly owned before. Troll much?

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 19
I think he means his music is recorded like crap...
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 19
almost all my music is 320 bitrate / flac 

what i mean is like if i connect my headphones, they sound extremelly diffrent and worse than when connected to my iphone.

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
almost all my music is 320 bitrate / flac 

what i mean is like if i connect my headphones, they sound extremelly diffrent and worse than when connected to my iphone.

This means your laptop/computer or whatever's DAC is just noisy or poor. The iPhone's DAC is pretty decent, much like iPods and all. An amplifer will take a noisy signal, like what you're experiencing, and make it sound even worse by amplifying all the imperfection. What you want is a new DAC. Get a nice USB DAC. Look at the Nuforce line or iBasso line. Otherwise, again, check out stuff like the Hifiman EF2A.

Very best,

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
This means your laptop/computer or whatever's DAC is just noisy or poor. The iPhone's DAC is pretty decent, much like iPods and all. An amplifer will take a noisy signal, like what you're experiencing, and make it sound even worse by amplifying all the imperfection. What you want is a new DAC. Get a nice USB DAC. Look at the Nuforce line or iBasso line. Otherwise, again, check out stuff like the Hifiman EF2A.

Very best,

fiio e7

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 19

Quote:
You're using the FiiO E7? And it sounds worse than your iPhone?

If so, can you explain what sounds worse and try to be a little more detailed about it.

Very best,

Sorry I didn't specify, I wanted to ask if something like that E7 would make it sound much better on my comp, since it's also a DAC, and portable amp. Thanks. 

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #13 of 19
Have you even bought the headphones yet? Don't get ahead of yourself. I wouldn't decide on a DAC until I had the headphones and decided If I like them or not if I were you. 

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
Have you even bought the headphones yet? Don't get ahead of yourself. I wouldn't decide on a DAC until I had the headphones and decided If I like them or not if I were you. 

Not yet, btw its also an amp. and id use them for any headphones i ffinally get right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back