So has anyone heard the IBasso T1 AND the MiniBox D???
Mar 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

thekid22

100+ Head-Fier
I know there is a raging battle of these mighty mites, and a lot of people have expressed love for each of these. Has anyone heard both? Care to offer a comparison of sound? build?

all input appreciated!

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 15
bump?

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 15
I haven't seen anything about anyone comparing the two.

But I'd be willing to bet the iBasso is better. Either way, the T2 will be out soon for $110...and supposedly sounds better than their top-notch P1.

I'd either wait for the T2, or pay 50% more and wait a lot longer for the Supermicro, depending on how awesome you want this amp to sound.

Apr 9, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen anything about anyone comparing the two.

But I'd be willing to bet the iBasso is better. Either way, the T2 will be out soon for $110...and supposedly sounds better than their top-notch P1.

I'd either wait for the T2, or pay 50% more and wait a lot longer for the Supermicro, depending on how awesome you want this amp to sound.

The T2 will apparently have a AD opamp. I hope it will be the 8397. If it has a properly designed circuit this may be a killer portable.

Apr 9, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

But I'd be willing to bet the iBasso is better.

How much are you willing to bet?
wink.gif

Have both, and while I won't go into a detailed review (not much of a reviewer, unfortunately), I will say I find the MiniBox-D to be the better overall performer. Biggest difference between the two is in the vocals, which are more forward on the iBasso, but they sound more natural on the D. Both do bass good, but the edge would be with the D, more presence on the bottom end without being bloated or muddy. iBasso is more than up to the task however. The iBasso can get sibilant with some recordings and at higher volumes. Haven't experienced that with the D yet. Soundstaging is pretty equal on both, can't really tell much of a difference. iBasso is brighter, which works with some recordings and makes some unpleasurable. Minibox is more forgiving without losing details.

Both are very solid performers, especially given their price tags.

Apr 10, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are you willing to bet?
wink.gif

Hmm...about $0.00 now that you showed up.

I would definitely bet you a 6-pack that the T2 will sound better as well as be smaller than the MiniBox-D....with a better real world battery life to boot.

Apr 10, 2007 at 8:31 AM Post #8 of 15
I guess I've been head-fied without noticing...

I ordered a MiniboxD three days ago and I've just bought a Xin SuperMicro IV... The worst part is that I feel the need to justify myself that it is RIGHT. Or maybe there's still hope, I dont know.

I hope to get my SuperMicro by July, for my birthday. Am I beeing overoptimistic?

Apr 10, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Hmm...about $0.00 now that you showed up.

I would definitely bet you a 6-pack that the T2 will sound better as well as be smaller than the MiniBox-D....with a better real world battery life to boot.

Sorry, don't drink, unless the 6-pack you are referring to is Pepsi
biggrin.gif

Maybe the T2 will sound better, the T1 is close enough as it is. I've had the D for a three weeks now and use it about 6-8 hours a week. Haven't had to recharge it yet, so the battery life is pretty good. If the T1 & T2's battery life is longer, all the better I guess.

The T1 is already quite a bit smaller than the D, is the T2 bigger than the T1?

Apr 10, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I've been head-fied without noticing...

I ordered a MiniboxD three days ago and I've just bought a Xin SuperMicro IV... The worst part is that I feel the need to justify myself that it is RIGHT. Or maybe there's still hope, I dont know.

I hope to get my SuperMicro by July, for my birthday. Am I beeing overoptimistic?

Getting the MiniBox now was a good idea, the Micro wait is extensive. July may be undershooting it
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
July may be undershooting it
biggrin.gif

I agree...I doubt you'll get it before August. I just ordered mine because, well...everyone else was doing it. And when everyone on head-fi's grabbin' something, it's usually for a good reason.

As for the T2. It's supposed to be the same size as the T1 but thinner -- as thin as the MiniBox-D. Which would make the T2 friggin' tiny...and supposedly has AD opamps, but the iBasso salesman wouldn't give me a hint other than it was a company secret!
wink.gif

Don't be the last one to get the Supermicro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back