So, does anyone actually like the look of big headphones?
Feb 12, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #47 of 53
I favor bigger headphones, even for portable music, because of the sound quality mainly...in addition, having huge headphones on one's head presents a high social impedance, i.e. people are less likely to bother someone with huge cans on their head - good for cities. And there's some kinship to passing someone else donning huge cans on the street and giving them that knowing nod...
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Woohoo!! 100 posts!

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #48 of 53
I fancy most of the big phones. The look is just correct. Especially.. for some examples the HD-650 is brilliant. K-701 isn't bad either, K-1000 is better. :p

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #49 of 53
I dislike big headphones for portable systems... I don't fancy the mock-DJ look.

I also prefer smaller headphones for home use... I've got a small/narrow head, so large headphones look ridiculous on me. I use the smallest adjustment setting for most headphones.

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the look of big headphones. These would look effing awesome on me:

hd4.jpg

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Will this mod make the distance between ear and the drivers+"foam"-layer covering drivers bigger? I belive these to be a tad to close to my ears, and when they vibrate the foam itch my ears. I'm not talking about the cirumaural pads here btw..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back