So, does anyone actually like the look of big headphones?
Jun 24, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #31 of 53
Yes, I like big headphones. The SR-007 as an example...

Jun 24, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #32 of 53
Nothing wrong with this:

P1010009_fade_corrected.png

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #36 of 53
I do like the look of big headphones. In fact I LOVE the look of them. Of course, the sound quality is important to me, but this topic is about the look.

However much depends on who is wearing them. Dude with big cans usually looks dorky (everytime I see myself in the mirror
smily_headphones1.gif
), but interesting. Woman with big cans usually looks lovely, pretty, cute or nice.

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #37 of 53
Love Big Headphones My Friends allways ask to listen to my headphones (Bose Owners) and they want to get into the real audio world

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #38 of 53
I do!
smily_headphones1.gif

Love the look of both the SR-007BL and 4070. Which both can be considered big headphones.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #39 of 53
Big headphones are DA BOMB.....I get weird looks when i'm walking around w/my HD485'S but if they only knew how good they sound they'd think differently imho.

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcirbmab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm new to the world of good headphones so I feel a bit uneasy spending even $100 on headphones. Maybe one day...

You'll get over that fast once you find a pair you really like and start asking yourself, "If I just spent more, wouldn't it sound even better?"

I'm not concerned one way or the other how big the phones are as long as they are comfortable and sound good.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #45 of 53
IMHO, I don't care what my headphones look like as long as they sound good. I don't wear cans while I'm interacting with people so appearances mean very little. Most of my listening occurs while I'm studying/doing homework in my room and I'm generally wearing PJs anyway, aesthetics is not a concern.

With that said, I really do like the look of wooden cans and will buy a pair once I'm not a broke college student.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back