So cheap HD650?
Dec 23, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarded
hd650's dont come in factory sealed boxes

I thought they had a sticker/seal on the flap of the outer sleeve(the cardboard carton the surrounds the storage container)? Perhaps my memory is failing. If they have no seal of any kind, these things could be used albeit very lightly. Is there no way to determine if they are new and unopened by looking at them?

Dec 23, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #19 of 36
I'm glad someone recieved them with no problems. I ordered mine Monday. Should be here Friday. As far as authorized dealers go, I thought that they weren't allowed to openly advertise any lower price than the suggested retail on those. I could be mistaken though. Maybe that wouldn't apply since it's Ebay. I normally don't like doing business on Ebay but hey....it's the lowest price I've seen. Now I have to buy some better goods to match up with those...hmmmmmm.

Dec 23, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

hd650's dont come in factory sealed boxes

Very strange. Let's hope that we dealt with very honest people. I have bought stuff on Ebay and have had very good experiences. Very honest sellers. I usually buy from power sellers with good reviews. My HD650 are impeccable. Even so, I did not like the fact that they where not protected by a factory seal. I have not even seen a serial number on them.
BTW, how does the certificate warranty works?
Where do I send the warranty certificate and where does the headphones have the serial number?
confused.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #21 of 36
I just checked the box for my HD650 that I've bought from Todd and there's no sticker or seal on the flap of the outer sleeve.

As for a serial number for the phones, there's a sticker on the outer sleeve cardboard box that has UPC code on it. On the sticker, there should be a number with "Fabr.-Nr." above it.

Dec 23, 2004 at 6:00 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

I just checked the box for my HD650 that I've bought from Todd and there's no sticker or seal on the flap of the outer sleeve.

As for a serial number for the phones, there's a sticker on the outer sleeve cardboard box that has UPC code on it. On the sticker, there should be a number with "Fabr.-Nr." above it.

Oh, I see it now. It has a 4 digits number [bottom of Art.-Nr./Ord. No.ref:] close to the Sennheiser light blue logo and a 6 digits number (bottom of Fabr.-Nr.) on a gray small sticker. Good thing I did not throw away the cardboard box! Mine are made in Ireland and yours?
Thanks for your good observation.
cool.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #24 of 36
My 650s from Todd also didn't have a sticker or seal, I imagine some retailers with a physical storefront might put one on for the reassurance of their customers?

Dec 23, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
My 650s from Todd also didn't have a sticker or seal, I imagine some retailers with a physical storefront might put one on for the reassurance of their customers?

Could you tell me the detail of "Todd"? it is a website?

thanks

Dec 23, 2004 at 8:10 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn777
Could you tell me the detail of "Todd"? it is a website?

thanks

absolutely "todd" is Todd the Vinyl Junkie. He sells lots of things including a great headphone selection. He is super friendly, fast and has a 30 day return policy. His prices are very good too, even if a bit off of the rock bottom ones you can find on ebay.

Todd is a head-fi sponser and you can find a link to his website in the upper right hand corner of the window.

I will add that I bought some HD590s from the ebay seller in question a while ago and didn't have any problems, but I now buy mostly from authorized dealers with return policies because the slightly higher prices are buying me peace of mind.

On Todd's website the prices on the HD650 will be higher than his actual price click the button to have the "ttvj price" emailed to you.

Dec 23, 2004 at 3:39 PM Post #29 of 36
well like i said they dont come in factory sealed boxes

i bought HD650's on ebay before, it had a sticker with serial number on the outer outer box, which is all u need for the warranty.

i dont see why u guys ever doubted the ebay ones...i mean i know its ebay, but multiple sellers on there sell these things in bulk, shipping dozens a week. besides its not like it's $100-$200 less than what they usually sell for, its just $30 less than todd's, not far fetched at all.

pay todd $30 extra and u get better customer service and a decent return policy. pay $30 less on ebay and u can pay with paypal. the condition of the headphones will be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back