So-Cal Meet Thread
Jun 8, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #556 of 650
A bit of a big DUH, but I'm going.

Jun 8, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #557 of 650
Confirmed... but theres a slight chance I might not be going, might be taking a trip to shanghai to visit my grandparents ( 100f ++
cool.gif
), doubt we'll go until august though...

Jun 8, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #558 of 650
Why do you people keep scheduling meets while I am busy? This time I will be in Japan. I'll, uh, be at the meet in spirit, though.
icon10.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #560 of 650
Yup. Her brother is getting married on June 13th.

...Then WE wed on the 8th of August! She's going to wear a wedding kimono and I am going to wear the analagous male wedding wear (Hakama). The wedding will be in Los Angeles, not Japan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:28 AM Post #562 of 650
I have 4 folding chairs currently in my living room that I can bring (or at least they'll be long out of the apartment by the time the roommates notice
biggrin.gif
)...is there anything else that is needed? I'll most likely arrive along with the chairs later in the day, since I have a meeting I have to attend over in Long Beach that'll last at least into early afternoon (zzz...
frown.gif
).

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:34 AM Post #563 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by petery83
I have 4 folding chairs currently in my living room that I can bring (or at least they'll be long out of the apartment by the time the roommates notice
biggrin.gif
)...is there anything else that is needed? I'll most likely arrive along with the chairs later in the day, since I have a meeting I have to attend over in Long Beach that'll last at least into early afternoon (zzz...
frown.gif
).

OMG, someone has been paying attention to those posts from Orpheus!
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #564 of 650
Well folks, I had to bite the bullet and since I just couldn't convince myself that the smaller vans I was looking at would allow all the audio and sleeping gear to fit, I went for the 12 person van rental, we'll have a Ford E-250 for the trip down. I would think the seating will probably be a bit less comfortable but I'm sure we can get all our gear in there without having to pile it up, which I wanted to avoid in case of sudden stops.
evil_smiley.gif
It also means that if there are any last minute stragglers, we should have room for them.
biggrin.gif

EDIT - BTW, I just noticed that we just passed the NYC meet thread for views in spite of having lost a couple thousand earlier! Go California, Go!

Jun 10, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #567 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
hmm, if we don't get some tables soon, maybe we can setup some of the gear in the car?

Well there will be a lot of bench seating in the van, but in the event of a sudden gaseous emission it could be dangerous!
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:01 AM Post #568 of 650
Add my name to the list. We decided to come back from Japan early to make the meet.

Yeah, I'm kidding.

Do add my name, though, 'cause I will be back for the meet, but the reason is it's monsoon season and they're expected to have thunderstorms for the next 2 weeks or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back