So-Cal Meet Thread
Apr 27, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #271 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyHOEZ
If we all chip in i know of a good italian and a mexican restaurant in which we could order food from. The portions are huge and the food is fantastic! We could order in advance and on my way I could bring the food as well...
smily_headphones1.gif

Tell me which restaurants those are.
biggrin.gif
Only decent one I know is a small Italian place in Baldwin. Here's my list: Taco Rita, Thai Classic, Asian place in 1st and Live Oak, and Tops (is not in Arcadia but close). Best mexican place I know is Alfredo's. Love their fish tacos.

Apr 27, 2004 at 12:48 AM Post #273 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Wow, we're going to have quite a few Power Plants there. Between those and the tubes, it's going to get quite warm.

guess what I just bought (or am about to buy really soon, currently working out shipping details).
biggrin.gif
I'll bring my P300 along too.

oh, and I will be getting two pairs of HP-2 with the high bandwidth cable so we can have a massive group photo of people wearing the HP-1000 cans if you like (and maybe some with the PS-1 on too).

my equipment is growing rapidly... but (I think) I am done for now since the source and amp upgrades will wait until i can hear them at the meet.
tongue.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #274 of 650
As we get closer we can compile a gear/guest list. I am looking to knock a few items off as I'll be traveiling with a lot of gear at best, so if I can leave a few items behind I would like to do so.

Apr 27, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #275 of 650
ya, but the list gort is frantically trying to keep up-to-date is useful too. it let's me drool at all the stuff I get to test out.
biggrin.gif

the list gets lost in the thread too easily though....
frown.gif

here's a link to it.

Apr 27, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #276 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
guess what I just bought (or am about to buy really soon, currently working out shipping details).
biggrin.gif
I'll bring my P300 along too.

oh, and I will be getting two pairs of HP-2 with the high bandwidth cable so we can have a massive group photo of people wearing the HP-1000 cans if you like (and maybe some with the PS-1 on too).

my equipment is growing rapidly... but (I think) I am done for now since the source and amp upgrades will wait until i can hear them at the meet.
tongue.gif

Yes, I saw you jump on that.
wink.gif

Yes, everyone bring your HP1000's. We MUST have a group pic for that one. The K1000 group pic was too funny.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Apr 27, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #277 of 650
Quote:

wink.gif

Yeah, I was really glad you got that ayt999, I had the ad for it up in a background window while I tried to talk myself out of buying it, I almost bought it but when I saw your post I gave it up! Thanks for the helping hand...
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #278 of 650
Quote:

Stax Omega II - ServinginEcuador

I left them in Ecuador and only posted about bringing the SR404s. Sorry, but I can't bring a pair with me.

Apr 27, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #280 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
I left them in Ecuador and only posted about bringing the SR404s. Sorry, but I can't bring a pair with me.

Is anyone bringing a set?
eek.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #281 of 650
Quote:

wink.gif

but I didn't get that. LOL

that doesn't have a fan and comes with the orange hospital grade outlets so I went with one I saw on audiogon with a fan and the power ports. I figure I will need a fan for the hot weather we are having and I was going to upgrade the power plugs to power ports anyways so it was cheaper in the end.
tongue.gif

so gpalmer, you may still have a chance to get it if the guy that posted after me doesn't want it.
wink.gif

EDIT: I went back to the FS thread and saw that Canman retracted the item after I told him I was backing out of the deal. hehe.

Apr 27, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #283 of 650
Mexican restaurant: El Tepeyac Cafe (also known as Manuel's) in East LA

they got these MONSTER sized genuine burritos...simply awesome food for the buck...can't go wrong if you like real mexican food....

Italian Restaurant: Petrillo's Pizza in San Gabriel (on Valley Blvd)

very very good quality pizzas...prices are a bit steep...but hey...u get what u pay for right? hahaha
eggosmile.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 7:25 AM Post #285 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Is anyone bringing a set?
eek.gif

I think there will be at least one pair. There has to be. If there isn't I will likely leave the Weebl at home. The KGSS will suffice for the SR404, so I will definitely bring those two, but without the big O2 the Weebl stays home. That is unless there's a public outcry for my lynching.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back