So-Cal Meet Thread
Apr 19, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #258 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartr
Yes. In Toslink, Coaxial and AES/EBU. It also upsamples the digital output to 24/92.

Hmm should be fun to try running the computer outputs through that baby!
biggrin.gif
Anyone got a good glass toslink cable lying around?

Apr 19, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #259 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
It is June 19th, as early as is needed (I think) at Orpheus' house.

1pm as of now, but I'm sure Dean will be flexible as needed. I will need to be there around 12:30pm just to setup all the stuff I'm bringing. I also want to get the tube gear setup ASAP after arriving, yet before the gang show up.

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:00 AM Post #260 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Hmm should be fun to try running the computer outputs through that baby!
biggrin.gif
Anyone got a good glass toslink cable lying around?

as listed in the optional equipment list I posted along with the stuff I will bring for sure, I have two 3M glass optical cables (the ones that have been talked about here a lot recently)... I'll bring those along. we should have another round of equipment checks and make sure everyone is bringing what is needed.

anyone have a E-MU soundcard we can test out by any chance? I would like to see how the 1820 (1820M) stacks up to my RME hammerfall DSP 9632 since it is in a similar price range, slightly lower than my card. most places have a money back guarantee right?
biggrin.gif
though I shouldn't do that since there is a high chance of me keeping it.
evil_smiley.gif

oh, and gpalmer, how are things looking in terms of storage in the van? can we fit all that stuff that was listed previously and the people that are tagging along in one van? maybe we should upgrade to a micro bus or something.
biggrin.gif

I just paid TrevorNetwork for his HP-2 with ultrawide bandwidth cables (it looks so nice, cannot wait to get it in the mail)... but we already have one scheduled to show up at the meet I think so maybe I'll leave it here.

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:49 AM Post #261 of 650
Here's who is coming down right at the moment.

GPalmer
NeilPeart
ayt999
zeplin
ian
Iron_Dreamer (?) unsure of location either LA or Fresno

Well when I went looking for vans I found folks renting both 8 and 15 passenger vans. The 15 passenger vans get real pricey, so if possible I'd like to stick with the 8 passenger van. I personally intend to just bubble wrap my gear, and maybe put it together inside a single box. There definitely isn't room for the original OEM boxes. I don't think the gear will get damaged on the way down unless we're in a serious accident. The only items so far that have really struck me as potential problems are NeilPeart's turntables if he brings them along, most of the other items should be stackable I think, especially if we can snuggle the headphones that are going along together into boxes. It'll make it a heck of a lot easier to move the gear also. Worst case I can always leave a few amps here if it makes it easier.

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:12 AM Post #262 of 650
sounds good, so we basically have the cargo space and two seats for the equipment and other luggage (I was thinking more in terms of a six-person minivan. I don't know about the van market too much I guess). thanks for being on top of things and looking into the van selection. gpalmer is the man.
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #265 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro
No!!!! I'm going back home to Idaho at the end of May
frown.gif

This would have been awesome to go to. Oh well, have a good one you guys.
3000smile.gif

Crap.
There goes our photographer. Well, I'm sure Stuart will bring his 35.
wink.gif

Hehe, you could always fly back for weekend.
evil_smiley.gif

This is going to be an insane meet, hopefully we don't forget to take pics.

-Ed

Apr 19, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #266 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Now all we need is someone to bring high end Hi Res digitalEd

I just ordered a Marantz SA 8260. My wallet is hurting.
frown.gif
I.... must.... stop.... spending.....

Apr 26, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #267 of 650
Hello everyone, I'll be bringing the following:

Phones:
Grado HP-2 w/ high bandwidth cable

Amp:
Grado HPA-1

Source:
Apple iPOD & Level 1+ Music Hall CD-25 w/ LC Audio XO3 clock upgrade

Power related stuff:
Signalcable Digital AC power cord, P300 power plant w/ Multiwave I and Power ports, PS audio Powerlink Cable, Plainview 9Vs

Interconnects:
Cardas Golden Reference(RCAs), Bettercables Silver Serpent mini-to-RCA

and various kinds of music if needed...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #269 of 650
Hahaha yeah...we're gonna need LOTS of deodorant cause Arcadia gets pretty warm by that time of the year...

So what's the head count? If we all chip in i know of a good italian and a mexican restaurant in which we could order food from. The portions are huge and the food is fantastic! We could order in advance and on my way I could bring the food as well...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back