So Cal meet 1st of March!!!
Jan 30, 2003 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 210

Orpheus

Headphoneus Supremus
there will be a meeting at my place @ 3/1/2003:

246 E. Sycamore Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006

anyone is welcome to come. no equipment necessary, though of course, if you got the good sh-t, please share! there will be plenty to do here. bring any number of friends, especially female friends
biggrin.gif
. we will have lots of fun, as there will be plenty to do. besides all the audio stuff, there is also a full sized billiards table. there will be refreshments, including pizza. the following are already committed to coming:

1. randu
2. aim9x
3. smokey
4. zchen
5. ooheadsoo
6. stuartr
7. timschirmer
8. carlo

so who else is joining the big meet!?

Jan 30, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 210
Looks like it's chinese new years on friday...my family may have a big pow wow on sat...I'll keep you guys posted.

Jan 30, 2003 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 210
he forgot to mention... he's gonna pick you up, DEAD or ALIVE!

you're coming man. once in the gang, always in.

...besides, new year's is overrated..... so what if you get a load of cash?... so what if you get to eat all the best food all the grandmoms can cook.... so what if you get to look smart while your parents brag about your school this and that........ it's all overrated. ain't gonna be no new year's here. (i suggest you stay for the money... then jet!)

...just good sounds. and that's all that really matters.

Jan 30, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 210
hrrrrmph.

actually, my family doesn't give much in the way of money
wink.gif

I wish...I know some ppl who got in excess of $1000 back in high school!

Hold on, I'll hit them up on what's goin on for sat...

Edit: Well, I'm free for the afternoon at least. We got a big dinner at night...I may head off early so as not to seem too impolite to my family
rolleyes.gif

Jan 30, 2003 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 210
Is anyone bringing a meta42? I'm anxious to hear one (it's the only amp i can afford)

I might be able to bring my DIY mosfet with upgraded parts if it ever arrives here.

Jan 30, 2003 at 6:43 AM Post #10 of 210
BAH, I must be on crack or sumfink.

Tim, I have a meta42...I like to imagine that it's kinda close to maxed out. The major thing I don't have is stacked buffers, which I read only affects the top creme de la creme 2% of the sound quality. My wallwart is a regulated radioshack one and it injects a teeny tiny bit of noise, but to tell you the truth, I can't hear the noise 99% of the time whatsoever. I'll bring it, for sure. I have 1 set of fresh batteries that I'll save for that occasion in case anyone wants to hear it on batts and compare it to wallwart power.

Jan 30, 2003 at 8:28 AM Post #11 of 210
Ok, I will repost my tortoise thing in this thread, just to subscribe me...If anyone likes Tortoise, (and you should, I will play it for you at the meet if you are not fortunate enough to have heard it), let me know. They are playing Feb 28th in LA, at the Henry Fonda Theater. It would be a good prelim to the meet. Let me know.

Jan 30, 2003 at 11:16 AM Post #12 of 210
stuart,

I'm a maybe for the show. Haven't seen them live.

Jan 31, 2003 at 2:01 AM Post #14 of 210
got a scare today when I got my schedule at work, and they schedule me for working on the sat of march 1st.
mad.gif

good thing I was able to get a coworker to switch days with me
smily_headphones1.gif

I will bring a meta42 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back