So-Cal Meet: 1-15-06
Feb 5, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #226 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
What about SA5k's? It seems that the word "source" is nearly always mentioned in every discussion about the SA5k's (Source to push for the SS you want, amp to tweak it).

With all these CA meets, why don't you go and audition said cans and some sources to find out?
tongue.gif

I think it's a bit extreme to choose your source around a specific headphone. You're more likely to change the headphone than the source at this point. Even then I don't think people choose a source to specifically match given headphone(s)....it's more amp and cables.

Anyway, let's not deter from this thread
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #228 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I do that all the time now.
wink.gif

-Ed

I was referring to Azure's context
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 10:01 AM Post #229 of 239
Azure, I'm pretty sure you can buy the PreSonus at Guitar Center and use it for 30 days risk-free. At least, that's what I remember Ferbose telling me at the meet. The best way to determine if this source/amp is for you is auditioning it in your own home with your headphones.

I thought the DAC and headphone amp sounded fine. It wasn't mind blowing or anything, but I don't feel the Benchmark is either. And it was only a few months ago from reading impressions here that I thought the DAC1 would be my dream source. After hearing it for myself, this did not turn out to be the case. We all have different tastes. You have to determine what you like using your own ears.

Feb 5, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #230 of 239
Hmm...I guess I'll go with the PreSonus then. It seems like it'll fit the bill quite well, though I did read that it has a relaxed presentation, which might be a recipe for disaster (Considering SA5k's are forward and I like a forward presentation).

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #231 of 239
Were there no pictures of the PreSonus? I might have skipped over it, but the closest thing I saw to the PreSonus was the AQVOX.

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #232 of 239
Apr 1, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #234 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
any so. cal meets coming up?

Yes, mid-August (same location) either on a Saturday or Sunday or both....

I'll probably start the thread before the end of May.

Apr 1, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #235 of 239
I'm good after Aug 15th
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #237 of 239
Coming soon to the Meet, Parties, and Get-Together forum a thread about the August, 2006 Southern California Meet.
wink.gif

More info will be release around mid-May.
icon10.gif

May 1, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #238 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Coming soon to the Meet, Parties, and Get-Together forum a thread about the August, 2006 Southern California Meet.
wink.gif

More info will be release around mid-May.
icon10.gif

Sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back