So Cal get-together -- revisited!
Dec 10, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by sonicthewebhog
I'm up for it. I have a sonic adventure reality to contribute.

John

John,

No Way!! I just sold mine! How do you like yours?? Have you tried tuberolling that thing yet?? If you haven't, or even if you have, try some Amperex 6dj8 A frame getter, orange color, globe logo tubes!!! I couldn't find anything else that came close.

OBTW, if you want a matched pair of these that are cryo treated, PM me with the info. I'll be in OC Wednesday!!

Dec 10, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #18 of 121
DOH!!! Man, I totally forgot your username on here until I saw it on my email notification!! Man, was that dumb!!

I will have the tubes on Wednesday, and you're welcome to a pair of the Amperex that worked so well in the amp!! They should sound even better now. I can't waitas I'll be dropping some Amperex into my Melos right after returning!!! Should sound wonderful.

Jan 3, 2003 at 10:19 AM Post #20 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by ClearYourMind
I'll bring the dip!

You know, if you show up with a friend he will be mercilessly called a dip now due to your comment here.
wink.gif

If we can even get together at someone's house I will bring whatever I don't have packed. That's an RKV w/ Impedancer, Sony CD3Ks, Arcam CD23, and assorted Nite cables. Anyone interested in a throw together meet in the next week or so???

Jan 4, 2003 at 7:40 AM Post #21 of 121
d'oh! i'm home for the holidays, but i leave on the 8th. since i've never seen a meet that has organized itself within a few days, i'll have to pass on this one. only have a pcdp and total airhead with me, anyhow. maybe next time!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
If I can get an idea of how many people we are talking about, perhaps I can hold it at my house.

Kevin

Count me for one with my equipment.
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #24 of 121
as long as it's on a Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday, I am free. if on a sunday, i have to know a couple weeks in advance to arrange a day off with my boss.

or.... if there are less than say... 17 people, i can probably have it my house too. (i'd rather not move that 300b amp i have... it's on stilts
biggrin.gif
) i have a good sized house... but strangely, i don't have that many tables. (heh he, i have a pool table rather than coffee tables in the living room) hmm.... so i don't have space to set up more that 17 people's worth of equipment.

Jan 5, 2003 at 2:56 AM Post #26 of 121
I'm interested in a meet in oc as well. I can bring a meta42, hd580, hd280, and hd497. also sony d-777 pcdp and treo 10 if anyone want to check those out...saturday would be the best in my case. I really want to check out some of the sources and try some AT or beyer cans.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 8:07 AM Post #27 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
i have a good sized house... but strangely, i don't have that many tables. (heh he, i have a pool table rather than coffee tables in the living room) hmm.... so i don't have space to set up more that 17 people's worth of equipment.

i'm sure there are guys out there willing to bring along a foldable table or two
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #28 of 121
I have two decent foldable tables at my disposal if anyone wants to host a party this week or Saturday coming up. Any time after that and all my stuff will be neatly packed away for a long trip, and gone permanently from there on out.

Jan 5, 2003 at 8:53 AM Post #29 of 121
so then you're available next next saturday?--the 18th? cause the coming weekend is CES, and i have to go to that. in fact, you guys should all go. lots of cool stuff.

anyway... the 18th should be okay. anyone else interested? perhaps we can have a small party.

i live in Arcadia, which is adjacently east to Pasadena. those from Orange County--i'm about a 50 mile drive from Irvine. (i go every week to visit my GF at UCI.)

i'm thinking more of a social event... get to meet some new people, in addition to all the audio stuff. eat some pizza... have fun. probably not get drunk, cause i don't want no broken million-dollar amps and stuff. not to mention i got my own stuff here to protect. heh he.

do you guys know i probably have the fanciest Karaoke system around?--the DVD player's hooked up to my mixing system!... but dunno if you guys are into singing... (i hate it actually... my GF made me do it. it's an Asian thing i guess.)

oh, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring some women!!! i cannot believe the whole audio world are all guys! i have yet to meet a girl who likes audio. heh he.

just rememeber to take off your shoes.
tongue.gif

orpheus

Jan 5, 2003 at 10:06 AM Post #30 of 121
Dean,

Actually, I leave the 14th really early in the AM. I meant this next Saturday being the 11th. I have that day and this coming Mon-Wed the 6th-8th where I can get the time to do this. Sorry about that. I wish I has until the 18th, but our tickets for the 14th can't be changed. I already tried.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back