So after reading countless threads, I still can't find the ones I want...
Jan 26, 2007 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Happyprozak

Head-Fier
I really love the comfort, weight, and size of the Bose headphones. I don't find the sound to be terrible, but I do find that the bass on these actually give me a slight headache. I think I've always been sensitive to "booming" bass. I much prefer a Bass that sounds deep and refined with not much of that "boom/hey I can feel it" thing going on. I'm tempted to buy these from a store with a good return policy to see if the bass is this dominant while using it on a ipod, psp, ds, and movie watching.

Now I know there are other headphones out there that are very comfortable, but most of these are bulky and or heavy. Here is what I'm looking for.

-Isolation similar to the Boss Triports
-Comfort of the Triports
-Size and weight of the Triports
-Better sounding than the Triports

These won't be used with an amp, and comfort is more important than sound. So this is basically my last post before I decide to give the Triports more of a shot.

I've read through the Boss alternative threads but all the recommended phones seem to be too bulky, or the phones recommended seem to have comfort issues with some people, like the ES5's and PX200's which I really liked design wise but might not be as comfortable.

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyprozak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Isolation similar to the Boss Triports
2. Comfort of the Triports
3. Size and weight of the Triports
4. Better sounding than the Triports
5. These won't be used with an amp
6. Comfort is more important than sound

1. Tons of headphones easily surpass Triports in isolation. Easy one.
2. Probably looking at something from Audio-Technica.
3. Throws out anything from Audio-Technica. Will have to compromise with #2 a bit and say maybe K81DJ (only people with big heads have reported clamping problems).
4. Ridiculously easy. If this is all you wanted you could get the $9 KSC75.
5. Still leaves the K81DJ in contention.
6. If this is true, I'm not exactly sure why you're here -- shouldn't you just blow your money on the Triports then?

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 11
If you really like the triports that much just get them
I doubt any of the headphones i've tried are more comfortable (including beyers)

But then again.. i think IEMs are very comfortable, and UM1 sounds very nice for the price
It isolates a lot more as well, sounds 'better' than the triports, and MUCCHH smaller than the triport

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 11
well apart from isolation, Sennheiser HD555 or HD595 would work. They're comfy and have better SQ then the triports. If you don't want boomy bass, don't look at the AKG k81 DJ. You might want to look at Grado SR60 if you're sensitive to bass. They're open and some can have issues with comfort with it though.

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 11
I have to agree. the HD595 is really comfortable, and it runs very good with out amp. It also sounds good. but the problems is the open can... some people don't like headphones that are open

Jan 26, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #9 of 11
The audio-technica's really match a lot of the requirements... perhaps the A700's? I didn't see a budget mentioned. The A900's for $181 shipped from audiocubes is a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back