SNOW!!!!
Feb 17, 2003 at 11:28 PM Post #16 of 26
Zanth, Quote:

Heh...pansies the lot of you

ROTFLMAO. you tell them!
biggrin.gif

jpleg,

nah. you won't like it here. too hot. snakes. scorpions. killer bees. tarantulas. micro-bursts (tornadoes). sand storms that go up to 10,000 feet. stay away. (it's what Greg and I tell all the people who want to move here
wink.gif
) can you really live with only seeing a cloudy day one day a month? two at the most (usually during monsoon season). nah, you won't know what to do when you see millions of stars instead of 1, and 1 planet (NYC sky). think Florida without the humidity. the ocean is a few hundred miles away. hey, NYC only gets snow once or twice a year. you can keep that cold wind that blows you onto to your ass (Wall Street Area). quick, call for pizza delivery.
wink.gif
The monkeys at Central Park zoo are losing their minds right about now. The polar bear is in heaven and the seal keeps running around it's tank at 100 mph looking for fish. too bad there ain't none. guess you're about to have a 4 day vacation
wink.gif
any groceries in the supermarket? hope you stocked up early.

btw, i always went to the caribbean during Valentines Day. every year.
biggrin.gif
put it down on your calendar for next year. figure Feb 10 to 21 (the week of a full moon. you want to get there before the full moon, be there during a full moon, and leave after a full moon. leave NYC on a Tuesday, leave PR on a Wednesday. Every day will be a Saturday while you're on vacation. lobsters without the big claws. only eat absolutely fresh fish. if you have to, pay the big bucks. about $20 for a lobster or fish dinner). right now someone from NY is vacationing there and laughing their asses off.
biggrin.gif
yeah, that was the sound of a cold beer bottle being opened. he's probably cursing that the ice water in the beer bucket is too cold.
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #17 of 26
Ice storm knocked out electricity for 70,000 homes, mine included. No heat sucks guys, it's 45 degrees Farenheit in my house, 31 degrees outside. The elementary school and even the University is off for 2 days straight. Haven't showered, let alone listened to any music for 3 days now. Come to think of it, I should shower tomorrow morning...

Feb 18, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #19 of 26
Just one or two inches of ice in Raleigh.... No Thesis for me..
biggrin.gif

Purk

Feb 18, 2003 at 10:54 AM Post #22 of 26
Ugghhh!!!

I shovelled for ~ 5 hours to clear the driveway. Oy vey! Music definately makes the job more tolerable.

Now have an ice dam causing water to come into the house. I HATE snow!!!

Mmmm... Note to self: Make sure to replace the white tips on the Etys before shovelling snow. The cold does funny things to earwax.
eek.gif

Bruce

Feb 18, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by BDA_ABAT
Ugghhh!!!

I shovelled for ~ 5 hours to clear the driveway. Oy vey! Music definately makes the job more tolerable.

Now have an ice dam causing water to come into the house. I HATE snow!!!

Mmmm... Note to self: Make sure to replace the white tips on the Etys before shovelling snow. The cold does funny things to earwax.
eek.gif

Bruce

I think the last time we were really dumped on here was in the blizzard of '86 [or so.. mid 80's..] there was another bit of snow in the early 90s..

But just enough to make a snowman, and that was about it...
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll second wallijohn's proposal... shove some in the mail, send it to Washington. I'm too lazy to run up the mountain for snow.

Feb 18, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #24 of 26
Definitely worth snapping some pics of this stuf before it melts by the end of the week. Lucky me, i was able to get to work today without much hassle, although my college decides to open while the rest are closed.
mad.gif

Feb 21, 2003 at 7:38 AM Post #25 of 26
Yesterday I came back from the french Vogezen.
I've been camping in a tent in 1 meter snow and the temp in the night was -14 celsius.
and walking daytime with the ful gear in the backpack together with a friend.
We made a 50 kilometer tour.

I love it and it was beatifull.

Peter.

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #26 of 26
This video is from a few days ago in New Jersey. I like it because it reminds me of times in the past when I’ve driven in the snow and I liked nature scenery. One time I spun out of control and my car landed in a ditch. Since there was so much snow, there was no damage to the car. A truck had to pull me out. Strangely I thought it was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back