Snow Rage - the world is full of idiots
Mar 10, 2008 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lobehold

100+ Head-Fier
This Saturday I was shoveling snow in front of my house, we had several huge snowfalls and the snow had piled up really really high, and the two way street was turned into single lane of traffic with snow on both sides.

The things is that those two sides aren't even, the snow pile on the other side of the street is more than twice as wide as the pile on our side, and so me and my dad was piling some of our snow on top of the snowbank on the other side of our residential street.

Then this jerk and his wife walked down the street at us and start unloading profanities without warning, he's like "I told you before not to pile on the street and you just don't screw listen... bla bla bla" and every kind of four letter word start to come up.

We have never seen this guy before and neither have we heard anything from him. And to accuse us of piling snow on the street is laughable since it is clear that we CLEANED the snow on the street in front of our house.

The guy somehow think he "owned" the snow banks in front of his house and only he can dump snow on it. The fact is the section of the snow pile we were placing snow on isn't even entirely in front of his house, it was between his house and another guy's house, while the other guy TOLD us to put it on there (very friendly guy). He doesn't own the freaking snow pile and the road, so he had no right to tell us what to do.

We refrained ourselves from escalating the situation and swear profanities back, my dad told him he better clean his mouth and he has no right to act as he did. The guy's like "you gonna make me?" and is definitely looking for a fight.

The jerk even took out his little digital camera and photographed us shoveling our driveway as some sort of "evidence" to show to the city. I gave the guy a victory sigh as a show of defiance, the guy was nodding as if to say "just you wait..." I hope it serves as a reminder of his stupidity when he got nowhere with his wacky complaint: "some guy screw dumped on MY snow pile".

I can't believe this jerk live close our house, the neighbour beside our house was watching the situation and he told us afterwards that the guy has no right to accuse us like he did.

I hope this jerk get hit by a snow truck.

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 20
At least you can dump snow in the street. In Anchorage, Alaska it is illegal to 'displace' snow from your property onto the right of way (ie road, sidewalk, etc). You have to pile it on your property and/or pay to have it hauled away.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 20
I would've deadpan-ed him for a few seconds, then give the finger
tongue.gif

PS: I came in here expected a Youtube vid of someone hitting a pile of snow with a shovel.. or something

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 20
Ok, so what you do is- late at night, like 2:00 in the morning, you and your Dad (or just you and some friends) start shoveling all the snow you can at the end of his drive way. Make sure there is no way he could get out. Make a massive snow wall..

And you must do it soon, or it wont seem as meaningful to the situation.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least you can dump snow in the street. In Anchorage, Alaska it is illegal to 'displace' snow from your property onto the right of way (ie road, sidewalk, etc). You have to pile it on your property and/or pay to have it hauled away.

Same here. It's a pain in the ***** come spring time when the mounds on each side of the driveway melt during the day and cover the driveway in water and then freeze again in the night.

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 20
Believe me, initially my mind was filled with all sort of nasty ideas to get back at him - such as a snow sculpture of a middle finger pointing at his house
smily_headphones1.gif

But then I said "forget it", my time is too precious to waste on this lowlife. If he try something again though we'll call the police for harassment.

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 20
Did you all hear what happened in Buffalo NY in a recent winter? If I recall it rightly, some fellow spent three hours shoveling out a place on the street to park his car. In the time it took for him to fetch the car, some woman had parked her car in the spot. He shot her. Maybe that's just an urban legend.

Laz

Mar 11, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you all hear what happened in Buffalo NY in a recent winter? If I recall it rightly, some fellow spent three hours shoveling out a place on the street to park his car. In the time it took for him to fetch the car, some woman had parked her car in the spot. He shot her. Maybe that's just an urban legend.

Laz

I would have put all the snow back then started getting buckets of water. But shooting is a good alternative as well.

Mar 11, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #11 of 20
Some people around here are getting pretty testy with all the snow. Shovelling sucks and there's nowhere to put all the snow. Driving is slow, lots of roads downtown are a single lane for two directions of traffic, and other lanes just disappear into snowbanks. It's been a crazy winter.

Myself, I'm loving it. But then, my neighbour, whom I share a driveway with, is retired and has a snowblower. Great combination.

Anyways, keep cool xzjia. You are not being paid to listen to the drivel of idiots like that, so ignore them and maybe they'll go away.

Mar 11, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #12 of 20
I was in Hawaii when St. Louis got hit with about 24 inches of snow (84?). I called from the beach bar because the Honolulu paper headlines covered the storm. When I got home, they had buried my car. I was able to see the roof. After some good ribbing, they pitched in and got it out. The post dig party was a blast.

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #13 of 20
People can be so miserable in their little existence, that they actually feel better by spreading violence and filth. He's been short changed in the Manhood department more than likely.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so what you do is- late at night, like 2:00 in the morning, you and your Dad (or just you and some friends) start shoveling all the snow you can at the end of his drive way. Make sure there is no way he could get out. Make a massive snow wall..

And you must do it soon, or it wont seem as meaningful to the situation.

Make sure to poor water over the pile too so it ices over. While you're at it make puddles of water around the wheels to his car freezes to the ground. Hell, cover the car in ice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back