Snow Patrol....where have I been!?!?!
Jul 30, 2005 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Teerawit

Headphoneus Supremus
OMG..."Final Straw" is awesome! Good chill music, I must say I must say. How come I haven't listened to their stuff any earlier
frown.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
OMG..."Final Straw" is awesome! Good chill music, I must say I must say. How come I haven't listened to their stuff any earlier
frown.gif

A few people here (incl myself) had this on the best album of 2004 lists, they have two earlier hard to find albums......not sure what they sound like, any fan of shoegaze/dreampop must own "final straw"

It was selling at reduced prices during 2004 Xmas season which is when I picked it up.

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 10
im in the same boat. about a month ago a friend of mine reccomended The Final Straw and now it is one of my 'top five records'
does anyone know of groups with a similar sound that i also have never heard of?

Aug 11, 2005 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 10
The National - Alligator
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Interpol - Antics
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 10
adhoc, are you just listing other popular indie bands? I struggle to think of one way in which Picaresque sounds like Franz Ferdinand.

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiegirl89
im in the same boat. about a month ago a friend of mine reccomended The Final Straw and now it is one of my 'top five records'
does anyone know of groups with a similar sound that i also have never heard of?

SP has basically a dream pop sound, with a somber or melancholy tone and some touches of shoegaze and electronica creep in ocassionally. I would checkout groups like:

Suede (aka london suede)
Mazzy Star
Catherine Wheel (chrome or ferment)
Verve
Cocteau Twins
Galaxie 500

These are well known groups but conversely anyone who likes those would also like Snow Patrol.

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 10
^ Totally agree. The guitar work in Final Straw has My Bloody Valentine written all over it.

Also check out Gary Lightbody's (lead singer of Snow Patrol) other band The Reindeer Section. I personally like them better.

Aug 12, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
adhoc, are you just listing other popular indie bands? I struggle to think of one way in which Picaresque sounds like Franz Ferdinand.

i actually just listed bands which made me feel the same way whenever i listen to their music.. perhaps i should've made that more clear.
tongue.gif

Aug 14, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #10 of 10
A trip to Best Buy today revealled that SP "final straw" also now available in dual disc, side two has videos and high definition 5 channel surround sound of album tracks.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back