Snow Leopard
Aug 30, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #46 of 95
For Power PC applications you must install Rosetta, using custom installation.
Otherwise don't worry, when an application needs it it will ask you to download it.

Aug 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #50 of 95
I did a fresh install of Snow Leopard on my unibody MacBook. I never upgrade because that always ends up being a bad idea and causing problems.

So far my experience is problem free. System runs just as cool as before. See? Fresh install
wink.gif

Everything is faster, definitely. All of my apps still work as before.

SL is reporting more free space, but thats just because Apple changed to the HDD manufacturer way of counting MBs and GBs, so now 1000MB = 1GB instead of 1024MB = 1GB.

Quicktime X is nice, though CPU use for H.264 video is still higher than in Windows 7, indicating that OS X still doesn't support full bit stream decoding of video the way that Windows does. DVD Player still sucks. Still all software based, no option for LFE decoding.

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #52 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dave,

Works great.

Lee

Cool, I think I will wait a week or two and hear if any glitches come up and then upgrade it.

Thanks again for the trade in Lee, the DLlll is great and works well with the Amarra. I will continue my buisness with Cryoparts, never a complaint about you and your work.

Dave

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #53 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, I think I will wait a week or two and hear if any glitches come up and then upgrade it.

Thanks again for the trade in Lee, the DLlll is great and works well with the Amarra. I will continue my buisness with Cryoparts, never a complaint about you and your work.

Dave

Thank you!

A week, or two, is never a bad idea. I am the consummate "early adopter", ha!

Lee

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #54 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will I need the install disk for Leopard to do the install of Snow Leopard?

I didn't, but I did a "clean install" on Thursday to get ready for SL on Friday. When I upgraded to SL, it did not ask for me to insert my Leopard disc, so I doubt if you will need it, provide you have Leopard already installed.

Peace,

Lee

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #55 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will I need the install disk for Leopard to do the install of Snow Leopard?

No you don't. And, even if you only have Tiger you do not need to goto Leopard first. You can upgrade to Snow Leopard from Tiger for just $29.!

Aug 31, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #56 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, that makes me feel better. The only one I am a little nervous about (I need to check that list) is 1password. Its a great app. and I cannot go without it.

1Password 2.x will work in SL if you use the agile keychain option. Agile will also allow you to download and use version 3beta which supports Snow Leopard. This is what I did and it works great.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #59 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by zlashed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody calling it a "steal" at $29.00 is misinformed. Snow Leopard is barely more than the equivalent of a service pack for Windows, which are free.

Disagree. All the builtin apps are now new 64 bit versions ( just one of the many improvements). That doesn't sound like a service pak update to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back