Snow-Leopard, anyone?
Aug 29, 2009 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

stewtheking

Headphoneus Supremus
At risk of raising the hackles of the anti-mac (and anti-pc) brigades, I was wondering if anybody else had gone and got themselves Snow Leopard yet?

I have, and am pretty happy it's money well spent. Smaller footprint than Leopard, seems to run faster as well, plus a few cosmetic changes to remind you you've actually paid for something!

Anybody else with any impressions?

Aug 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 41
I'm a bit hesitant to buy and install Snow Leopard after reading a few reviews. Most agree that the OS is both zippier and smaller in terms of space, but some warn that non-major, "hack-like" applications won't run without major updating. I don't think there's anyway of knowing ahead of time which applications will be compatible with Snow Leopard, and which I'll inevitably have to uninstall to await further updating.

Aug 29, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 41
Day 2 and I still like it the only thing it broke on mine was istumbler it is snappier and my
mail seems to work better but it does run a few degrees warmer.

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 41
Dont think it works with Hackintoshes yet
wink.gif

Else id be all over it

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 41
I'm running it... they fixed most of my major interface gripes about 10.5. For example, they made stacks usable (by adding folders and scrollability) and allow me to specifically disable 3-finger pad gestures (three-fingers-downward is "page down", while 2-finger is scroll down. I sometimes accidentally touch the pad with three fingers all the time, forcing me to scroll back up the page) while leaving the useful 2 and 4-finger ones. Also, zippier sleep/shutdown/startup.

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #11 of 41
I bought a Macbook pro today and got snow for free. I have NO IDEA what the differences are but I upgraded it since Snow Leopard was free...anyone know what cool things I should do with the mac? This is my first.

Aug 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #13 of 41
cool....what is a good audio player? I really love foobar to do all my stuff like flac. Anything similar?

Aug 30, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #14 of 41
Updated yesterday, and got myself 14GB back
biggrin.gif
General impressions are actually very good, except I had to restore because magnifique ****ed my MacBook up...woops. But generally it is quicker, everything just seems to flow more smoothly. It's definitely leaving me impressed
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #15 of 41
Noticed Time Machine backups are a lot faster what ever it was doing before it is doing
in half the time now since it can not go faster do to my g limitation so people with newer
n notebooks should really see an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back