Snore fest...a what to buy thread
Apr 10, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 11
I don’t have any suggestions for you, but I’m sure someone else will.

why did you name this thread, “snore fest?”

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 11
Sony WF-1000XM3. Should be in budget new now that the XM4 is out, but I'd personally buy used. Got mine a while back for ~$100.

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 11
Bose QC earbuds have the best noise cancelling I've heard. Also more comfortable than the Sony XM3s, but the Sonys sound better. Airpod Pros and the Sonys have similar sound quality, but its more comfortable like the Bose, but worse noise cancelling.

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 11
If I may suggest, you might want bluetooth device that support new tws+. I have several bluetooth device like wf xm3, wh xm3, etymotic bluetooth adapter and UTWS3. Only with utws3 I can walk around my house without audio stuttering, no issue even when I am inside bathroom, streaming from my phone at living room. Etymotic is the weakest in bluetooth connection among all 4.

I am not sure whether it is tws+ that makes the difference, it is just what I observed. Unfortunately, I think tws+ only for device with SD 855 and newer.

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #6 of 11
If I may suggest, you might want bluetooth device that support new tws+. I have several bluetooth device like wf xm3, wh xm3, etymotic bluetooth adapter and UTWS3. Only with utws3 I can walk around my house without audio stuttering, no issue even when I am inside bathroom, streaming from my phone at living room. Etymotic is the weakest in bluetooth connection among all 4.

I am not sure whether it is tws+ that makes the difference, it is just what I observed. Unfortunately, I think tws+ only for device with SD 855 and newer.
... Why are you not bringing the source device with you? Bluetooth isn't intended as a long distance protocol.

Apr 11, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 11
... Why are you not bringing the source device with you? Bluetooth isn't intended as a long distance protocol.

I think that is the point of bluetooth device, convenience, at least from my perspective. Sometimes I want to pickup drinks, or going to the bathroom, or cooking some stuff in the kitchen, cleaning up house, washing dishes etc. without a hassle of bringing my phone with me. If I need to bring my device then might as well go wired.

And keep in mind that this is not long distance though. I mean my house is probably around averaged 600-800 sqft. Maybe it is because of interference as well, I mean there are a lot of people living on the same building.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 11
I think that is the point of bluetooth device, convenience, at least from my perspective. Sometimes I want to pickup drinks, or going to the bathroom, or cooking some stuff in the kitchen, cleaning up house, washing dishes etc. without a hassle of bringing my phone with me. If I need to bring my device then might as well go wired.

And keep in mind that this is not long distance though. I mean my house is probably around averaged 600-800 sqft. Maybe it is because of interference as well, I mean there are a lot of people living on the same building.
...I just don't get it. Put your phone in your pocket, zero issues? We tend to be all about sound quality around here; by its very nature you aren't going to get good sound from a long distance connection. I'm sorry, but I think you're in the minority when it comes to this sort of thing.

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #9 of 11
...I just don't get it. Put your phone in your pocket, zero issues? We tend to be all about sound quality around here; by its very nature you aren't going to get good sound from a long distance connection. I'm sorry, but I think you're in the minority when it comes to this sort of thing.
I agree on that points as people have their own reasons & perspectives. I mean this is purely my opinion & experiences, just to give other people view on something that they might be missing. I got my own wired IEM which I used if I am looking into sound quality. In the end of the day, bluetooth is a compromise. We try to get as close as possible while maintaining the same convenience but I guess we are not there yet. Else there wouldn't be a thread on wireless iem lol.

On the pocket, I am mostly wearing boxer in my house :beyersmile: live free to the fullest

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #10 of 11
I agree on that points as people have their own reasons & perspectives. I mean this is purely my opinion & experiences, just to give other people view on something that they might be missing. I got my own wired IEM which I used if I am looking into sound quality. In the end of the day, bluetooth is a compromise. We try to get as close as possible while maintaining the same convenience but I guess we are not there yet. Else there wouldn't be a thread on wireless iem lol.

On the pocket, I am mostly wearing boxer in my house :beyersmile: live free to the fullest
If you're streaming music from your laptop or watching a movie on TV and you want to walk around your place, you're not going to put your laptop or TV in your pocket.

I have the Sony WF1000XM3 and they sound good, especially with noise cancelling. But they're a bit bulky, almost rectangular, not a typical IEM shape. I got a refurbished pair for <$100 on Ebay.

I also have the original Samsung Galaxy Buds, which don't quite match the Sony sound quality but come close and fit more easily. Supposedly the later Samsung Galaxy Buds -- Plus and Live -- are even better, and they probably have the latest Bluetooth. The Samsung website has the Live for $169, or less if you have anything to trade in.

But yeah, check out the recent episodes of the 2000+-posts in the true wireless discussion.

Apr 12, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 11
The XM3 sounds OK but can experience clicking issues. The XM4 sounds pretty bad to me compared to the XM3. Though I'd pick the Razer Opus over both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back