Snell J iii - worth fixing?
Feb 4, 2017 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mpkelley20

New Head-Fier
I was given a set of Snell Type J iii speakers today. The foam around the woofers is completely gone but I still hooked them up to try. They still work but I get a kind of vibration sound from one speaker woofer. Sounds like rattle that would probably not be there if the foam was in tact. Although it's possible the woofer needs replacing completely.

I have a call into a local place to see about getting them fixed but wondering if they are worth putting money into or not.

These are going to be used with my new vinyl setup with a Denon 300f turntable and my older Sony receiver.

If worth fixing, are the do it yourself kits worth trying or should I have the pros do it?

Thanks!

[/IMG]

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 2
I was given a set of Snell Type J iii speakers today. The foam around the woofers is completely gone but I still hooked them up to try. They still work but I get a kind of vibration sound from one speaker woofer. Sounds like rattle that would probably not be there if the foam was in tact. Although it's possible the woofer needs replacing completely.

I have a call into a local place to see about getting them fixed but wondering if they are worth putting money into or not.

These are going to be used with my new vinyl setup with a Denon 300f turntable and my older Sony receiver.

If worth fixing, are the do it yourself kits worth trying or should I have the pros do it?

Thanks!

[/IMG]

I had Miller Sound reform my JIII's woofers and they are working well. Pull the woofers out and send them in, he's pretty fast and priced fairly.

http://www.millersound.net/contact-bill-legall-millersound.html

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back