Sneaker-Fi (or Shoe-Fi)
Jan 30, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #199 of 396

Quote:
*Looks at your sig, looks at $75, repeats, furrows eyebrows*

Looks like someone hasn't been saving their Christmas money. 

I blew all my money on my crack amp and your headphones. 75 dollars is like 1/3 of a nice DAC. Audio is the only thing I spend money on (seriously, I haven't spent money on anything else since my monitor broke. Come to think of it, I don't think I've spent money on ANYTHING since my monitor broke). Why would that surprise you? This is an audio forum after all.

Besides that, I have no style whatsoever. Black shoes, dark blue jeans, some band t-shirt, and a brown hoodie is my apparel for 300 days of the year. The other ~65 days are during the summer, and I don't even wear anything then.

Jan 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #202 of 396
Living Social has a groupon today that may interest some of you. $25 for $50 to spend at ShoeBacca.com.

http://livingsocial.com/deals/24224-25-for-50-of-shoes 

I recently joined that site to get the Amazon deal last week so I still have my $5 in Deal Bucks to use for my coupon. $20 for $50 worth of shoes ain't too bad. 

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #203 of 396

Quote:
Do these run on the narrow side? I really like the looks but they look narrow and I have a bit of a wide foot. I really like the looks of the Ultimate 81's too. I guess I could order from someplace like Zappos and if they aren't wide enough I could return them easily.

I guess they could be considered a bit on the narrow side. I would say to try them out in person before buying.

Picked up a different colour of the 66 today. They are so much more comfortable than the Coolidge's.

img0526dc.jpg

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #204 of 396

Quote:
I guess they could be considered a bit on the narrow side. I would say to try them out in person before buying.

Picked up a different colour of the 66 today. They are so much more comfortable than the Coolidge's.

Mexico 66 isn't particularly wide but the canvas is very flexible and loose-fitting -- very comfortable.

I love those white/black/brown ones.  The grey ones on the previous page are nice too.  I thought my new beige/red striped looked good... but damn.  Where did you get those pairs?

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #206 of 396
I tried but cannot hold back that question any longer: Why buy shoes that are this useless (and propably very expensive)? Do you work in said closed environment? Oh, and what do you do with them when you step in a dogturd? 

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #207 of 396

Thanks. Not sure there is anyplace around me that sells these. I was thinking about ordering a pair though from someplace that has a liberal return policy. There is one place on the net that will even pay return shipping if you don't like the shoes. I know Zappo has a good return policy, not sure if they pay the return shipping though...I'll have to check. Very nice looking shoes though. I am thinking about those or a pair of K-Swiss Classics.
Quote:
Quote:
Do these run on the narrow side? I really like the looks but they look narrow and I have a bit of a wide foot. I really like the looks of the Ultimate 81's too. I guess I could order from someplace like Zappos and if they aren't wide enough I could return them easily.

img0526dc.jpg

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #209 of 396

Thanks. Not sure there is anyplace around me that sells these. I was thinking about ordering a pair though from someplace that has a liberal return policy. There is one place on the net that will even pay return shipping if you don't like the shoes. I know Zappo has a good return policy, not sure if they pay the return shipping though...I'll have to check. Very nice looking shoes though. I am thinking about those or a pair of K-Swiss Classics.

Oh man, you should've taken advantage of that coupon I posted above. ShoeBacca has the same return policy as Zappos (free shipping both ways, 365 day returns). Also no tax and they have a price match guarantee. They sell several styles of both the Mexico 66 and Ultimate 81. 

http://www.shoebacca.com/onitsuka/mexico-66-hl202-0128.html

I already used my coupon this morning. Adidas Gazelles for only $4 after I applied the coupon and a 110% price match with Zappos. So $24 all in with the coupon cost. I'll take a picture after I receive them, but they are the standard black/white. 

OK. That is enough sneaker buying for me (unless another deal like this comes around again 
biggrin.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back