Sneaker-Fi (or Shoe-Fi)
Mar 30, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #241 of 396

Quote:
Puma sneakers are excellent. I've bought probably more than a dozen pair over the past years. No pix but I've been accused by colleagues of being secretly sponsored by Puma :wink:

I used to be a Nike person (had way too many Nike shoes at one point) but now they are slowly shifting to Pumas.

I really wanted either a pair of LunaRacers or Free Run+'s but they are all $90+. The Yugorun that I bought was only $60 with shipping. I can't even feel them on my feet. I'm much faster with them than I was with my old Asics.

I'm doing my first long-ish distance run with the Pumas on Friday. I hope my feet don't die from the lack of support.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #242 of 396

Quote:
I'm doing my first long-ish distance run with the Pumas on Friday. I hope my feet don't die from the lack of support.

I feel the same way about them: extremely comfy, but no support.  I wear carbon fiber inserts though, so it makes it much more amenable of a shoe for me.

On that note- it's probably been asked before, but how many other people wear inserts, and if so, are they store-bought or Podiatrist made?

Mar 30, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #243 of 396

Quote:
I feel the same way about them: extremely comfy, but no support.  I wear carbon fiber inserts though, so it makes it much more amenable of a shoe for me.

On that note- it's probably been asked before, but how many other people wear inserts, and if so, are they store-bought or Podiatrist made?

I had inserts on my last pair of shoes but they're pretty wide, and the Pumas definitely are not that wide so I stopped using them. I used store bought ones for my last pair of shoes.

I've already done several 6 mile runs with my new Pumas, and have only gotten one blister. I think my feet should be fine for the 10 mile run on Friday, since I tape my feet up before any long runs. I'm just concerned about the lack of support hurting after a while.

Mar 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #244 of 396
No inserts in my running or tempo shoes. I have a few friends who pronate pretty badly or don't have a neutral gait so they get fitted for their inserts. I do have inserts in my trailrunning shoes though. Stick them in the oven to mold the footbed. Montrail Enduro. It's really only for comfort on rocky terrain more than anything.

I've been told the best thing to do is to have your complete gait cycle (not just your "wet footprint") looked at before buying shoes or inserts. Could save yourself from injury or spending money on unnecessary or incorrect gear.

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #246 of 396

Quote:
And a few other pairs of Tennis shoes, Adidas Barricades, Babolat Propulse 2's. Tennis shoes are just so comfortable! The reason I've had so many pairs is because as a tennis player, playing 6 or 7 days a week, they wear out really quickly. My last pair of Breathe Free II's just wore out, I have a hole clean through the sole. Just like every pair of shoes I've had recently...

They don't warranty their shoes?  I thought Nike's generally had 6 month warranties.  I haven't bought a tennis shoe in two years, but at the same time I've been through three pairs.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #247 of 396
They don't warranty their shoes?  I thought Nike's generally had 6 month warranties.  I haven't bought a tennis shoe in two years, but at the same time I've been through three pairs.

Not when you buy from ebay or from a dealer.... Also Breathe Free II's are discontinued.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #249 of 396

Quote:
Nike Tennis shoes all the way:

Over the past few years:
Breathe Free II's, I had about five pairs over a couple of years. They don't make them anymore...

And a few other pairs of Tennis shoes, Adidas Barricades, Babolat Propulse 2's. Tennis shoes are just so comfortable! The reason I've had so many pairs is because as a tennis player, playing 6 or 7 days a week, they wear out really quickly. My last pair of Breathe Free II's just wore out, I have a hole clean through the sole. Just like every pair of shoes I've had recently...

I Really like the breathe free II.  I think they are probably the best tennis shoes Ive had.  Had about 3 pairs over the years.  I still have a pair of beat up ones I keep as yardwork kicks.   I still have my Ballistic 1.3s in the WHite/yellow/black colorway.   Yours are not quite my cup of tea but they are striking....Unfortunately I dont play as much as you. Im more of a 2X per week kinda player so no 6 months warranty for me.  oh well.  Ive only been able to do that a few times with some Addidas Barricades.  That was when I WAS playing 5-6Xs per week.  Overall, I think Nike took a step backwards in the evolution of the breathe free series.  I look on Ebay for breathe free II now and then.....Maybe Ill just go back to the Barricade II.  Those were always great kicks and I believe they still make them.

May 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #253 of 396
My collection, always expanding it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back