Snare Drum Stands
May 4, 2008 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zotjen

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone know anything about snare stands? I need one for this:

5194ab4mHlL._SS500_.jpg

I bought this just to mess around with but I want to make sure the stand I buy for it is sturdy enough as it weighs about 10 pounds. Anything I need to look out for? I see things like double-braced and medium duty and prices anywhere from $30 to $100. Thanks in advance

May 4, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 7
ull probably want a double bass, considering that this actually might be pretty heavy.

and u cant use a snare drum stand... ull probably need a rack or another hardware stand.

May 4, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Actually, it was made to be placed on a table top or used with a snare stand, as it has indents on the bottom for it. Yamaha makes a hardware accessory kit for these drum pads that includes a snare stand (the SS-652). Looking at the specs, it says it is single braced. I was just wondering if there is going to be a major difference in models and brand names.

2005371742361.jpg

May 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 7
i personally am a drummer, and whenever i get hardware, I would get brand name... its because they dont "rust / oxidize" and they are usually made of stronger materais. (like weight wise, u can tell by just holding them)

hmm... if that thing has an indent for snare drum stands, i guess going with an major brand stand would be fine... but i still would recommend double bracer... just so that the legs are more secure and is less flimsy.

in terms of brands and model, depends on what brand and model, they will use different material and feel / hold mechanism difference, but in the end, its still a stand.

May 7, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 7
I have a pearl uni-lock snare stand and while I've never put something like that in it, It'll hold a full sized marching snare drum without wobbling, even when me and two other people are wailing on it.

May 7, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 7
I second the Pearl uni-lock. Or really, any stand made by Pearl will suit you just fine I'm sure.

May 14, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 7
10 pounds is nothing. Any decent stand will do.

I'd point you towards the 4-support Yamaha stand, but I don't think that thing will fit on it with the extra support arm.

If you're that paranoid about stability, look for something with a lock-ratchet tilter, not a ball&socket one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back