Snag an Audio-Technica ATH-ES5.
Jun 8, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #46 of 64
just wanted to say thanks to bangraman for providing this little contest, and to all who was involved. there were a lot of good pictures posted, and was kind of surprised that i won. the picture was the result of a little too much fun at a bar, and things just happen
rolleyes.gif

these headphones will go to my little brother though, because he needs them more than i do. thanks again to bangraman and all those who participated.

Jun 8, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #47 of 64
Seems I won the People's Choice, anyway
biggrin.gif

Have to keep that picture around, I guess...

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #49 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Abouey
I also think the requirements of the contest appear to have been misleading. Like most of the other entrants, I assumed that when referring to “head” it was the one above the shoulders. Since the picture details nothing covering the individual’s head, partially or otherwise, I must assume there is a part 2 of the image that we weren’t privy to.

i have to agree with him. from the original post, we had to do something with our heads, not necks. anyways.....

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by sincos
3799912l8je.jpg

Now if only the pads on my Grados were that soft and comfortable
biggrin.gif

Congrats to the winner.

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #51 of 64
a) It's my competition. I set the rules pretty loosely. Loosely speaking the configuration of the picture is a semi-cantilevered above-head structure. If someone had posted a halo for example, it would have passed despite it not covering the head.

b) There were eight more persuasive arguments.

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #52 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
It's my competition.

Miaow!!
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #54 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
a) It's my competition. I set the rules pretty loosely. If someone had posted a halo for example, it would have passed despite it not covering the head.

Not to degenerate into a semantics debate too much, but...
Dictionary.com defines "Covering" as follows:

To place something upon or over, so as to protect or conceal.
To overlay or spread with something

From this one must conclude that a halo would, in fact, cover one's head. Nobody's angry about this outcome. (at least I don't think anyone is) It just seems odd that the winner of the contest was the only individual who had nothing covering their head. We all appreciate Bangraman's generosity. It was a fun contest. Again, congrats to the winner.

Jun 8, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #55 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Abouey
Not to degenerate into a semantics debate too much, but...
Dictionary.com defines "Covering" as follows:

To place something upon or over, so as to protect or conceal.
To overlay or spread with something

From this one must conclude that a halo would, in fact, cover one's head. Nobody's angry about this outcome. (at least I don't think anyone is) It just seems odd that the winner of the contest was the only individual who had nothing covering their head. We all appreciate Bangraman's generosity. It was a fun contest. Again, congrats to the winner.

Your first post in this thread and all of head-fi was a desperate attempt to score a pair of free headphones. After that, you had to argue with the generous donater of said free headphones. Now that you've failed at that, quit complaining about loosing a contest and thank bangra for his generosity. He could easily have sold his headphones instead of giving them away.

Jun 8, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #56 of 64
Bob Abouey, I can imagine the Real guy saying to Howard Stern -

Bobabouey - "Howard, technically he didn't win the "Boobs on the head" contest. I mean, look at those boobs. They are around his head, not on the head."

Howard - "Hey he has a point. I think in punishment all those girls must come over here and let me play the boob bongos..."

Sorry man, it's just funny that your line of reasoning matches your namesake, no harm intended!
icon10.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #57 of 64
Your local bari sax playing Blues Brother:

barri1.jpg

Who could always use a decent set of portables!

Jun 8, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #58 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
Your first post in this thread and all of head-fi was a desperate attempt to score a pair of free headphones. After that, you had to argue with the generous donater of said free headphones.

I for one wish that all first posts were this involved... usually they are of the "d00d, what r the best phones for under $100?" variety.
tongue.gif

I told Ash about this thread and thought it was a good opportunity for him to make his entrance into head-fi. He has, unfortunately, been recently exposed to my portable rig and is already hooked. His only headphones are a pair of unremarkable Sony's and he is looking to get an AV320 so that he can have a better portable source [and use it to store pictures & movies as he is a photographer]. I think you can understand his frustration that the 'titty' picture wins after he put a lot of effort into his post. I mean, the winner of the contest doesn't even need the headphones and is giving them to his brother.
rolleyes.gif

All that aside though, bangraman did choose the winner and neither one of us is arguing with him about his choice. Quote:

Now that you've failed at that, quit complaining about loosing a contest and thank bangra for his generosity.

In the post above yours he did just that.

In the end it may have worked out to his ultimate advantage anyways as it looks like we will both be jumping on one of the new canalphones [either the Shure E4's or the UE Super.Fi 5 Pro] and they will likely sound better than the AT's from what I have read about them.
cool.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #59 of 64
Quote:

Your first post in this thread and all of head-fi was a desperate attempt to score a pair of free headphones. After that, you had to argue with the generous donater of said free headphones. Now that you've failed at that, quit complaining about loosing a contest and thank bangra for his generosity. He could easily have sold his headphones instead of giving them away.

And it was the winner's 6th post since October '04. I'm sure you have a point in there somewhere... when it comes to you, be sure to let the rest of us know.
confused.gif

Some of you are taking this in the wrong vain. I intended this to be a fleeting, sour grapes kind of retort and while some of you got it, others have not. I have congratulated the winner several times. I have congratulated the contestants several times and made specific reference to some of their efforts. Stop taking yourselves so seriously. It's all in good fun. C'mon, you have to admit that for an innocuous little give-away, this has generated a pretty hilarious level of response.

Thanks for havin' my back, Jay!

-Bababooey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back