SMSL Sanskrit 10th mkII vs Topping E30
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bifcake

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone heard the two? Any sonic difference between them?

Thanks

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 7
I've seen that. You can't tell anything by that because there are too many components involved: the speakers, microphone the ADC, Youtube compression, your own DAC. So, if you can't hear the difference, is it because the DACs are the same or is it because something down the chain doesn't resolve them?

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #4 of 7
I've seen that. You can't tell anything by that because there are too many components involved: the speakers, microphone the ADC, Youtube compression, your own DAC. So, if you can't hear the difference, is it because the DACs are the same or is it because something down the chain doesn't resolve them?

I could hear the difference in the demo, and it's consistent with the comments. The Sanskrit sounds a touch warmer and less controlled, and the E30 slightly the opposite.

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 7
A small difference listening carefully. One thing I remember is an acoustic guitar having a bit more roundness and body on the Sanskrit, but also being slightly less in focus and fuzzier. I would get either depending on form factor since they're close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back