Smoking deal on e4c's, should I upgrade?
Mar 16, 2007 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

mrsaturn

New Head-Fier
I'm running e2cs now, and I really like them but they've started to show signs of cord rot.. And it just so happens I came across a deal at London Drugs: Shure e4c's for $199 Canadian
etysmile.gif

I listen primarily to very very busy music with lots of guitar. Muse, Death From Above 1979, etc etc. My DAP is the Iriver Clix (tried the iAudio X5 but I hated the joystick).

Do you guys think this is a decent upgrade?

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsaturn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm running e2cs now, and I really like them but they've started to show signs of cord rot.. And it just so happens I came across a deal at London Drugs: Shure e4c's for $199 Canadian
etysmile.gif

I listen primarily to very very busy music with lots of guitar. Muse, Death From Above 1979, etc etc. My DAP is the Iriver Clix (tried the iAudio X5 but I hated the joystick).

Do you guys think this is a decent upgrade?

Yes. The E2cs are utter crap compared to the E4cs, IMO.

Mar 16, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 19
Wow, absolutely. I'd get em right away before it ends. Futureshop has 'em for $349! The e4c's are an impressive upgrade from the e2c's. I think you should be pleasantly satisfied. Coming from the e2c's, the e4c's refine the bass, kick up a knotch in clarity and bring in a whole new world of mids. Great choice for rock. Should blow the e2c's out of the water
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 19
^ Exactly what I was thinking! Haven't even heard the E4C, but would take a chance at that price. I can't even find the E4C on the LD web site, just the E2C. LD is out west (from here) only. Best Buy *might* price match if I could find it on the LD web site...least that's what I was thinking if I couldn't order online, but not much use for that without proof. I have to suspect LD is clearing this model out of existing store stock only at this point.

Mar 16, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfraser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Exactly what I was thinking! Haven't even heard the E4C, but would take a chance at that price. I can't even find the E4C on the LD web site, just the E2C. LD is out west (from here) only. Best Buy *might* price match if I could find it on the LD web site...least that's what I was thinking if I couldn't order online, but not much use for that without proof. I have to suspect LD is clearing this model out of existing store stock only at this point.

It is indeed a clearance sale. Here's the link to the original find: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=419247

It's somewhat turned into a IEM pissing contest though, with E4Cs being bashed somewhat. That's why I came here, for some real opinions
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. The E2cs are utter crap compared to the E4cs, IMO.

Thats going alittle far dont you think?

I wouldnt say its crap, but its not as detailed as the e4. However, if you want bass, i believe the e2s have more of a boom impact then the e4. The E4 pwns in treble and mid detail, but the bass is lacking compared to the e2. Just my .10$, having owned both the e2 and the e4.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsaturn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is indeed a clearance sale. Here's the link to the original find: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=419247

It's somewhat turned into a IEM pissing contest though, with E4Cs being bashed somewhat. That's why I came here, for some real opinions
biggrin.gif

It's RFD. The idea of spending $200 on headphones is foreign there. Then again, it is $200 bucks, not everyone can afford that easily.
I'm still debating and my wallet is winning.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 19
Nice price, especially if you were going to upgrade, anyway. (Head-Fi rationalization: Amortized over the life of the phones, the cost is well worth the listening enjoyment projected.)

I found my Shure E3s to be overpriced and disappointing with players that don't EQ well (they can sound pretty good with a Rio Carbon or Rio Karma, but the iPod/E3 pairing doesn't work for me). However, I've heard in several forums that E4s are a significant improvement over E3s.

I know we're being enablers, but it seems like a good deal for you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats going alittle far dont you think?

I wouldnt say its crap, but its not as detailed as the e4. However, if you want bass, i believe the e2s have more of a boom impact then the e4. The E4 pwns in treble and mid detail, but the bass is lacking compared to the e2. Just my .10$, having owned both the e2 and the e4.

That's taking my post too literally don't you think?

The E2cs might have more bass quantity, but the bass quality is not there compared to the E4cs.

Mar 17, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #13 of 19
Well I just got back from London Drugs with the e4cs in hand.. And there is not fitting kit in the package. It was clearly unopened too. Looks like I'll be heading back tomorrow..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back