Smokin Aces
Feb 22, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #16 of 22
Saw it a few days ago. Wasnt too bad. It doesnt have a good story or characters, but action was pretty decent.

Feb 22, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh...

Not very good, even from an action perspective.

If you want to see the movie of the year, watch Pan's Labyrinth.

-Matt

x2.

Feb 22, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i liked the movie .. good action, comedy, 'stars' ...

alicia keys looks amazingly good ..
blink.gif
.. heh.

Very much agree; at least it was entertaining. All the girls in the theater were disappointed when Ben Affleck bought it first.

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like snatch or lock stock you will like this.
Gun fight at the end nearly matches the shoot-outs from "Heat" and
"44 Minutes"
icon10.gif

Thanks for the suggestion. When the trailer came out for this movie I was interested and then I forgot about it. I love "Heat" so I'm gonna check out Smokin Aces as well.

Aug 14, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestion. When the trailer came out for this movie I was interested and then I forgot about it. I love "Heat" so I'm gonna check out Smokin Aces as well.

When I saw the trailer for this, I was pretty excited too. Unfortunately, my excitement died a quick, painful death once I started watching the movie. The story was predictable but confusing at the same time. I guess it's not too terrible if you ignore the plot and watch it just for guns and violence. As some other people have said, there are many other better movies out there to get before this.

And do not, under any circumstances, compare Smokin Aces to Heat, as you will be very disappointed. It never occurred to me to make the comparison, and as I'm doing it now, it makes Smokin Aces look that much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back