SMIII upgrade?
Nov 11, 2006 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

milamber

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know if you can get upgrade from the supermacro III to the new version? This might sound stupid but I sort of recall someone saying Xin was upgrading for free? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 6
I've had replies from Dr Xin when I've asked about my SM3, thats your best bet to ask him or post on his board.

I don't know if you can upgrade to the SM4, is it the same case? Anyway, major upgrading like that is definitely not free.
Upgrades, like new battery contacts are free, you pay for delivery obviously.

I got some OBCA Adapters from him and he put opamps in them, the chips were worth about half.
smily_headphones1.gif

King Xin.

Nov 12, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 6
You can upgrade the SMIII (ie get the latest upgrades on it, it is sill a SMIII), Mine it at Dr Xin right now for upgrade and a minor mechanical repair on the volume knob.
Lionel

Dec 12, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 6
just got mine back, and it sounds good. but i dont know what the deal with the battery contacts are.. they look the same? lol new screws and new volume knob. looks kinda nice.

i got my gain retweaked, and fixed a power issue if you shook the amp it turned on and off causing a loud pop. i dont think it does it anymore.. but im just rolling opamps around first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back