Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
Oct 28, 2003 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MusicLover

1000+ Head-Fier
First of all, I have to say that this album is severely underrated (so is Machina). I don't know why so many people tend to dislike this one /or think it's not nearly as good as the previous albums. It may be completely different, but that just doesn't make it bad, it just makes it a totally different experience. I love this album, and imo, it's almost as good as Siamese Dream. What do you think of this album? Do you like it? Why? Also, do you think the radical change from Mellon Collie + pre-albums to post-Mellon Collie was a good one or a bad one?

Oct 29, 2003 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 7
I really don't see how you can compare Adore and Machina, they are completely different. I love Machina, it's one of the best things they've done in years (at the time that it came out).

Adore was just boring. I wasn't in the mood for it. Every once in a while, I pull it out, listen to it again, and am still not in the mood for it. One of these days, I will be, though.

Oct 29, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 7
I am not comparing the two, I just said that Machina is also underrated, which is my second favorite album, btw. Adore definitely can be boring a lot of the times when I go to listen to it, but when I am in the right mood, it is extremely good.

EDIT: Oh, now I see where you thought I compared them. I meant to say post-Mellon Collie instead of Adore + Machina.

Oct 29, 2003 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 7
It's a good album and very underrated but I still like Mellon Collie and Siamese Dreams alot better. Those two are classics and Adore is a solid album.

Oct 29, 2003 at 11:42 AM Post #5 of 7
yeah its one of my favorite albums too..especially when im in tha mood
600smile.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 7
I dunno, i always found the latter half of Machina to be a snorefest, plus, the music sounds outdated compared to their live counterpart.

As for Adore, i love that album, i definitely feel its underrated, since a lot of fans were expecting another Mellon Collie. Nothing beats Blank Page!

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back