[Smartphone + Hi-Fi] Xiaomi Mi Note
Jan 15, 2015 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

r0msk1

100+ Head-Fier
Does HeadFi.org welcome Smartphones that support Hi-Fi audio system?

If yes, read on.  
If no, please warn me, and action will be dealt accordingly.
Several days ago, Xiaomi teases the public for their upcoming flagship device.

Today, Jan. 15, 2015, the famous startup company from China publicly introduces their Mi Note

Since we are not in a smartphone forum, I will not post anything but Hi-Fi related specs only
Quick Hi-Fi Specs:
- Supports 24-bit/192KHz Lossless playback

- Added APE, FLAC, DSD and WAV Lossless Formats other than the natively-supported formats (MP3, etc.)

- High Fidelity
       -- THD+N @ 600RZ -- 0.00043%

- Rich Detail
       -- Dynamic range at 124 dBA

- True Sound
       -- Distortion at 0.00016%

- Pure Quality
       -- Transient Distortion at <0.001%

- Audio Decoder
        -- ESS ES9018K2M, mobile Hi-Fi Edition

Xiaomi Mi Note Price Starting at 2299 Yuan (~Php16500, ~U$372)
Remember, it is a smartphone.

For more smartphone details and specs, check it out here. http://en.miui.com/thread-77289-1-1.html

What's on your mind?

Images credits to Admin AilsaZ of MIUI Forum

NOTE:
My second thread non-personal thread here in HeadFi.org. Any comments about the thread is welcomed.

BTW, from whom do you acquire the blessing to have this thread official? Or there is no such thing here in HeadFi Forums?

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 21
Reserved for future use.

God Speed!

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 21
NO microSD card slot :frowning2:

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #7 of 21

Meizu MX4 Pro uses the same ESS ES9018K2M Chipset and got very good review on gsmarena.

I havencame to doubt gsm arena measurements. As seen, note 4 and iphone 6 both has better specs than Z3....yet, the Z3 leaves them both ways behind on music and sound quality.

The Z3 has a hardware built in equalizer and audio circuitry where as the note 4 and iphone 6 doesnt. Both note 4 and iphone 6 only has DAC to a simple amplifying circuit and out to the 3.5

Mean while Z3 has WCD9320 wires into 2x TFA9890, each per channel, then cross the Equalizer circuitry, then to the 3.5.

I personally love the Z3 sound quality, the thing neither note 4 nor iphone 6 can fix with simple software equalizer. Also i can use both hardware EQ and Software EQ if i wanted.

Z3 may not be a high end dap, but it aint a common smartphone audio play back either.

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 21
I would be interested to hear how this sounds.  The audio components are on paper even better than the Meizu MX4 Pro, but it's all about how they are implemented.

yes. the debate doesn't end here.

Specs on papers are just round introductory of the fight.
The real fight comes to credible ears.

I havencame to doubt gsm arena measurements. As seen, note 4 and iphone 6 both has better specs than Z3....yet, the Z3 leaves them both ways behind on music and sound quality.

The Z3 has a hardware built in equalizer and audio circuitry where as the note 4 and iphone 6 doesnt. Both note 4 and iphone 6 only has DAC to a simple amplifying circuit and out to the 3.5

Mean while Z3 has WCD9320 wires into 2x TFA9890, each per channel, then cross the Equalizer circuitry, then to the 3.5.

I personally love the Z3 sound quality, the thing neither note 4 nor iphone 6 can fix with simple software equalizer. Also i can use both hardware EQ and Software EQ if i wanted.

Z3 may not be a high end dap, but it aint a common smartphone audio play back either.

I've also read some posts about that. But I don't have any idea since I don't own any of those. :)

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #9 of 21

I thought that was given that specs aren't everything. Otherwise vintage audio equipment would have been tossed a long time ago.

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 21

Do you have any sources about this? I'm curious after hearing about it. Haven't heard good things about the Z3 until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back