Smallville
Nov 27, 2002 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Jodiuh

Headphoneus Supremus
Another kick4$$ Smallville tonight. If you guys and gals haven't tuned in to the WB @8:00 central on Tuesdays, then you're missin' out on a great series. It's about Superman's origins ~ his teen years. Do you remember the part in Spiderman where Peter starts to learn how to use his abilities? Well, the same goes here. They use great effects too. Check it out!

Jod
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 20
Oh God Kristen Kreuk is sooo soo so Hot and Cute!< at the same time Tooo!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
its rare to see a cute AND hot girl, its usually one or the other.

and uh... smallville is a great show too
wink.gif
. Last season seemed a bit plain as in monsters were coming out of no where and the superman story wasn't progressing anywhere, but this season seemed to have taken a turn for the better... They are developing superman more, focusing more on his story. The show is good, watch it if you can.

Nov 27, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 20
?

I always saw the commercials for the show and thought... um... no.

Maybe I'll have to cave and give it a watch. I keep hearing people saying how good it is... but I'm a pretty big TV sceptic. The only show I watch regularly now is... er... gilmore girls. And I swear... I get on average one hour of TV time per week, and it is Gilmore Girls... if you knew me, you'd know this would be an anomaly. I never thought my TV watching would be WB exclusive... *sigh*... i want to smack myself with this realization.

I don't even watch the Simpsons anymore ('cept I have the season 1 and 2 DVDs). TV is evil. it is only good for watching DVDs and VHS on. Or maybe playing video games.

Nov 27, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 20
I'm inclined to agree. I watch Smallville, Friends, and ER. Other than that...my screen comes alive through the inputs
biggrin.gif

Smallville ~ Every man wants to be him, come on!

Friends ~ Matthew Perry (Chandler) hits me in the gut every time
tongue.gif

ER ~ Mom turns it on and I can't resist it's powerful tractor signal.

Jod
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 20
They film scenes for smallville at the highschool my dad teaches at. Its Templeton Secondary School, and they use it for hallway scenes and such.

I also saw Kristen Kreuk in person. This past saturday they had a fundraiser with someguy trying to get a record for breaking some boards. Kristen showed up to show her support for the event, which was quite unexpected, well by me at least.

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:34 AM Post #6 of 20
the only reason to watch that show is kristin kreuk. i've been stalking her since her days on edgemont. did i say stalking? i meant following... as in following her career. um yeah... that's the ticket...

Nov 27, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 20
I was thinking about posting something about this. Ive been watching this religiously since it started. This is by far my favorite show on tv with the simpsons in second.

Nov 27, 2002 at 5:50 AM Post #9 of 20
Mixed people can be pretty good looking. I find her borderline young. I think the show is alright.

jlo mein, how is she in real life?

Nov 27, 2002 at 6:28 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
They film scenes for smallville at the highschool my dad teaches at. Its Templeton Secondary School, and they use it for hallway scenes and such.

I also saw Kristen Kreuk in person. This past saturday they had a fundraiser with someguy trying to get a record for breaking some boards. Kristen showed up to show her support for the event, which was quite unexpected, well by me at least.

awaww argh you lucky person!!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 6:47 AM Post #12 of 20
The first time I came across Smallville was actually in Shanghai - they were showing stuff for the TV festival (film festival type event) and aired the pilot episode. I was hooked, so when I came back to the States I caught up with the first season.

I don't know, the current season, the writing's a bit...

If you haven't already figured out from my location reference, I LOVE John Doe so much I shouldn't be allowed to watch TV alone.
biggrin.gif
The writers have been trying to build the story, I guess, and it's moving at an annoyingly slow pace, but I love that show. it's the best thing since my all-time favorite, The Pretender.

Nov 27, 2002 at 7:25 AM Post #13 of 20
The first season of Smallville was rather simplistic and formula but I watched it anyway because I'm a comic geek.

The second season brought on Jeph Loeb as a writer and the series has really taken root. I'm really happy with the progression of the characters.

The show should sincerely be titled "Lex" as I find his story far more entertaining than Clark's. I believe it is this Star Wars prequel inspired "making of a bad guy" theme that makes Smallville such a great show.

And the wolf chick tonight was way better than Lana.

Nov 27, 2002 at 8:38 AM Post #14 of 20
Yeah, my favorite scenes include the Lex. He just captures the screen with his "off" presence. Last night probed the "star wars" theme even deeper with that cave pictogram. When will Clark fly!?
I'm a comic geek too, but when Clark told his buddy what was up I knew this show had grown up this year.

Jod
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 3:12 PM Post #15 of 20
simpsons is the only show i always watch. Smallville is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back