Smallest tipped IEM for girlfriend?
Nov 5, 2005 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

James63

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for the smallest tipped IEM for my girlfriend. I just got her an iPod Nano. She has very small ears and could not get the stock earbuds in her ears. So I gave here a pair of E2cs with small foam tips on them. She can use the E2cs but even with the smallest tip she still says they are uncomfortable (too tight).

So I want to know what have the smallest tip sub $200? Sound is not critical but needs to be decent.

Nov 5, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 11
I don't know which IEM has the smallest tip but ety er6i's small biflange is really very small. I got a sample from them and here is how it look beside a standard triflange. It is actually a modded triflange with the largest flange cut off.

DSC01881640x480.jpg

Nov 5, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 11
Thanks afbud that might work just right.

Suggestions from other people would still be appreciated.

Nov 5, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 11
I am female & also had problems with the e2c's being too large. The e3c's & e4c's work just fine for me though. They are quite a bit smaller than the e2c's.

Nov 5, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 11
The tri-flange will definitely fit, but then again I have small canal openings and for me, no idea why, but the EX71 tips actually fit pretty well. I got a pair with my E2c's. The EX71's are a lot cheaper, and I'm guessing your friend isn't the craziest audiophile out there, so however they sound (I have not heard a pair), she'll probably like them.

Nov 5, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 11
Ok thanks a lot, there are a lot of good suggestions here. I will most likely get ER6i but this might be an excuse for me to tryout the E4.

Nov 5, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #10 of 11
Yeah look at the ER4. I have the E4c now and I use the smallest tips they have, but I had no problem fitting the ER4 tips in at all. Er4 triflange, and Er6 bifalnge are pretty small

Nov 5, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 11
All Etymotics, Shure E3/E4/E5, and Westone IEMs have the same size nozzle. As such, they will all fit more or less the same (this is not to say they are equally comfortable). It's mostly a matter of finding the right tip for you/her. Additionally, the IEMs from Ultimate Ears have a larger nozzle, but they seal at the outter edge of the canal and even people with really small ears/canals can use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back