Smallest ear buds (no need for isolation)?
May 25, 2004 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Hmk

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a set of ear buds. Not the kind that seal for isolation. I want them for outdoor excercise, and welcome some of the outside sound coming in. I have a pair of Koss clip-on style phones, but they pinch my ears after a bit. I have small ears, most buds I've owned hurt or fall out. Anyone have suggestions for me? I know similar questions have been posted here, but mostly suggestions seem to run to the isolation type in canal phones. . .

Thanks

May 25, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 7
The buds I've owned in the past are just the cheap stuff that came with various players. To clarify, the ones that have fallen out did so because I couldn't get them all the way in, not because they were too small. I know that some can fit me quite well, I had a cell phone hands-free with an ear bud that did.

May 26, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 7
maybe a neckband would fit better than an earbud for working out. i think the koss ksc-55 is of the neckband type.

May 26, 2004 at 12:12 PM Post #5 of 7
I have KSC 35s and like the sound, as well as the way the design lets some ambient sound in (suitably low volume). I would like something the fits in ear and isn't so noticable though.

May 26, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 7
If you're not too concerned about top sound quality then a great little headphone for this use is the Nike psa|flight. It's basically a set of earbud transducers mounted in a minimal semirigid neckband that holds them in place during all kinds of exercise. Very lightweight, very convenient, easy to stuff in a jacket pocket.

I like mine a lot, but they are earbud-quality 'phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back