Smallest DIY headphone jack?
May 18, 2007 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

skev13

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for the smallest DIY headphone jack, so the likes of the ones on the Vibes and the iBuds. Do these exist in the DIY world? Or do I have to use a regular one like Neutrik, and make my own casing for it...
blink.gif

May 18, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 13
The smallest thing I can think of is to modify the neutrik plug. You could snip off the end of the ground and cover the soldered wires with heatshrink, rather than the stock barrel.

May 18, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 13
You might be able to cut out a piece of plastic from an ink pen/etc for the housing, then fill with epoxy for durability.

May 19, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #9 of 13
Since it seems this thread pertains to a plug instead of a jack, it might help others find information later if you renamed the topic title to plug instead of jack?

May 19, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since it seems this thread pertains to a plug instead of a jack, it might help others find information later if you renamed the topic title to plug instead of jack?

x2, but yeah that mouse one looks to be a good choice.

May 19, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Although it would be interesting to see some answers about the jack, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back