Smallest DAP w flac support
Mar 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! I suppose 4 -6 hours isn't that bad for a player of this size.

I'm guessing it will get more play time if I use 128kps MP3's.

I am using ogg and 320k files with 16gb card. It last more than 10 hours. As to ogg vs mp3, you can encode your most familiar album with both ogg and 320k, let your ears to be the judge.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Sansa Clip + is the smallest.

Buy the 8GB version and add a 32GB card and you have a 40GB player the size of a matchbox.

I am seriously considering ordering one but I have heard the battery only lasts 4 hours when you play FLAC. Can someone confirm this?

I use my Clip+ all the time (running exclusively FLAC) and haven't noticed poor battery life, i still have ~20% left after about 6hrs of listening. I wouldn't be terribly concerned about battery life, it's a fabulous little player; though some people might look at you funny driving big cans from something the size of a zippo lighter.

The build quality is much better than the original clip btw, the expansion slot is well worth the difference in price.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #33 of 35
What are you going to use it for?

If you're just going from work to home, then clip+ is a great lil player.
If you're going to travel with it, then the battery issue might be a problem.

It last about 5-6 hours on end but charges quick with a usb from a computer.

Mar 19, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by divideby0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my Clip+ all the time (running exclusively FLAC) and haven't noticed poor battery life, i still have ~20% left after about 6hrs of listening. I wouldn't be terribly concerned about battery life, it's a fabulous little player; though some people might look at you funny driving big cans from something the size of a zippo lighter.

The build quality is much better than the original clip btw, the expansion slot is well worth the difference in price.

That's good to know.

Basically my 5.5G 80GB iPod is crapping out. I need something to replace it. I wanted something portable. Despite having a 5.5G, I rarely ever used the video function, so this time around I rather focus strictly on the audio portion of a player.

Use is always varied. I mainly use my DAP on weekend trips to visit family and friends. I also use it when the wife goes shopping. I doubt I have ever used my ipod more than 4 hours straight but it's nice to know I don't have to worry about the battery dying out so quickly. Thanks to the charger input - I have various chords that I can use to charge it in the car and at home - so that's a big plus. (no pun intended)

Thus, up until now, the Clip+ seems like the best choice (especially with the expandable memory) but I am still doing my research and asking questions.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #35 of 35
why dont you repair the pod? 5/5.5G are the easiest to open/repair. A new battery is like 15$ shipped on ebay. New hard drive is not cheap however, its like 100$ for 80GB but then again its cheaper than buying a 8Gb clip+ with 16GB sd card wich only gives you 24GB.

Also, don't forget rockbox for flac support on your ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back