Smallest Amp to power 150ohm from a phone.
Jan 29, 2018 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MrMan

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to use hd700 from my cellphone. Trying to see what options I have for an amp that will run from my phone.

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 3
If you are using your phone, it is better for you to get an DAC + AMP instead of AMP only because you have no way to bypass your phone AMP. You can bypass your phone DAC and AMP using OTG output (from the charging port).

Some recommendations:
1. Portable: FIIO Q5 and Chord MOJO
  • FIIO Q5 is the flagship portable DAC from FIIO. It was launched recently with good reviews. It is a Bluetooth AMP DAC running 2 DAC chips with balanced output.
  • Chord MOJO always clinched the spot for best portable DAC within $1000. Assembled in UK with in-house built DAC chip. Can drive headphones with impedance up to 600 ohms.
2. Desktop: JDS lab element, O2 + ODAC
  • JDS lab element is a very good AMP DAC that would not burn your pocket a deep hole. The set up is easy and it sounds fantastic.
  • O2 + ODAC is a good toy for those who like to DIY and modify. You can get the parts from the websites and assemble it yourself. More flexibility because there is an option to get DAC and AMP to be separated. Easier upgrade in the future. (higher end version will be EL amp and EL DAC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back