Small wifi audio receiver?
Jul 19, 2007 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheVinylRipper

500+ Head-Fier
I would like to be able to monitor my vinyl ripping while walking around the house.

Additionally I would like to do it on my own existing headphones, most cans are uncomfortable to me and I have some canal phones and cans that are comfortable.

I would like a small wifi receiver that I can plug my existing phones into, something I can stick in a pocket.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 5
Go even lower-tech. Assuming you don't care about sound quality for this particular application, hook up your vinyl to an FM transmitter. Then walk around with a pocket radio.

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 5
Ah! Good idea
biggrin.gif

I'm a techie, so it's hard for me to think "low" tech. I like digital for everything
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calroth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go even lower-tech. Assuming you don't care about sound quality for this particular application, hook up your vinyl to an FM transmitter. Then walk around with a pocket radio.

Good idea, I even had that one myself.

The only problem is that the FM transmitters that are legal under FCC rules are so emasculated that I'm not sure that they will even reach all over my home.

My brother bought one to play his CD player in his truck. He even has a Nakamichi cassette deck and it wouldn't pick up the FM unit reliably.

Quote:

Try a PDA with something like Winamp Shoutcast feeding from your soundcard.

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of. I'll definitely look into that. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back