small waist pack to carry portables?
May 31, 2004 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
i'm looking for a small waist pack to carry a portable player, canalphones, cell, etc... sick of my pants pockets being stuffed with that and my smokes, and I'd like to get a PDA as well. i'm looking around online and all i'm finding is medium to large packs that hikers use. i just want something minimal, and not any more uh.... "funny" looking than need be. though i don't know if that's avoidable. i don't usually don't tuck in my shirt in so it wouldn't be noticeable if it wasn't huge. or other suggestions..?

May 31, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

I use a bag made by Gelert, which is available from Millets in the UK for around £5. It has a detachable, adjustable shoulder strap and a belt loop. Two zipped pockets, and is very strongly made. Dimensions, large pocket next to belt 5" wide by 6 " high by 1.75" deep. Outer, smaller pocket 3.5" wide by 5.75" high by 1" DEEP. I carry my Zen Xtra, Corda 11, Zen back up battery pack, eties etc. Plenty of room for fags as well.
Cheers
John

May 31, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 5
thanks john i may have found something on eBay, but still looking. whats the model number for that bag? i'm looking on gelert's website now.

May 31, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi Austonia,
The one I use is called the Global Padded Camera Bag
Cheers

PS Since you run DAPreview, if you want one and have trouble getting it, e-mail me and I'll get one for you.

May 31, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 5
If you have a Target store near you go check out their line of camera bags. I don't remember the name brand of the ones I saw but they have this one zippered hard case for a compact camera that measures like 4 x 4 x 1.5 that has a fishnet type outer covering and a caribiner (D-ring) type holder as well as as a belt loop. They have others that have the same basic look but are different sizes and cost like $5-15 depending on the exact one you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back