Small Vol, Trim Stepped Attenuator Plans
Jan 13, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
Can you try both the Chiefdom and the Grayhill?

I'm certainly going to try the Grayhill 56, because the attenuator will be so small, it will get to compete in its own weight class with the really cheeseball pots of that size. These prices have me curious to try the Chiefdom, if I'm taking their samples in good faith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
Out of curiosity, how do you create your graphics?

I use Adobe Illustrator, same program my friends use who design fabric samples, children's clothing, you name it. I'm already good at it from making illustrations for teaching Escher patterns, etc. It maintains a hierarchy of layers, etc, so it's easy to print just the layer for one etching mask.

Once one gets the hang of Illustrator, it is an extraordinarily satisfying and addictive video game, as you can probably tell from my circuit design mania. Everything goes much faster than one would think from looking at the results. One learns to make many things happen quickly in only a few steps. In comparison, I've tried e.g. Eagle, and the manual graphics are both primitive and cumbersome.

For home etching, Illustrator is the cat's meow. To place an order for professional boards, one has to use a more specialized program such as Eagle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back