small vibrations on cans
Nov 27, 2005 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blasyrkh

100+ Head-Fier
i've tried to test the frequency responce of some cans using a slow sweep track (10hz t 20khz), and doing so i've seen that there are little vibrations when the sweep reach a certain frequency. i don't know if it's due to the driver/construction/case/place-on-head or whatever but i'm wondering if this problem can affect the music, or it's present only with the persistent sweep sound. besides sometimes it's stronger and sometimes it disappears

for example with the hd595 i hear a sibilance/vibration around 100hz, with sr80 at high frequencies...did anyone found something similar?

Nov 27, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 6
I get a similar problem. Everytime I connect my headphones to my amp and the amp to my source and turn it on I get these small vibrations that sound like drums, basses, guitars, voices and the like.

biggrin.gif
Seriously though. I'm sure at certain frequencies your sweep is matching a certain resonant frequency for the physical space and material of your phone.

Nov 27, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

I get a similar problem. Everytime I connect my headphones to my amp and the amp to my source and turn it on I get these small vibrations that sound like drums, basses, guitars, voices and the like.

LOL

but i don't know, for me it's not a normal thing, especially for high-end phones. they should not resonate at all, speakers do vibrate, but if they do a sibilance, then they aren't good.
i think it's due to some construction issue, there are pieces of the cans that vibrate at some frequencies, but it's not right cause thay can add distrortion to the sound

Nov 27, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 6
I agree that audible rattling shouldn't occur on good cans. Do your 595s do that on both sides? A hair stuck in the foam over the driver can cause this, for example.

Nov 27, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
I agree that audible rattling shouldn't occur on good cans. Do your 595s do that on both sides? A hair stuck in the foam over the driver can cause this, for example.

yes is on both sides, but not only simultaneously, sometimes only left, sometimes only right, sometimes on the same frequencies there aren't vibrations. i cleaned everything inside, and i think the problem comes from the pieces mounted on the pad.
however it's not a powerfull sibilance, it's really low, but still audible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back