Small upgrade on my Audioengine A5 speakers for my desktop?
Oct 3, 2022 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PeteSouthgate

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I'm a fairly big audionoob but I'm looking for active speakers that are an upgrade on my current Audio Engine A5+, that I'm using with my desktop computer. I've had the A5+ for a few years and whilst I do find them great for what I need, I wouldn't mind treating myself to an upgrade as I've secured a new job working from home.

My budget is up to £1000ish.

TIA

Pete

Oct 3, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 5
Acoustic Energy AE1 Active.
Always having excellent reviews for its price class. Look for it.

Its purely analog, so if thinking of wireless or bluetooth you might go say a KEF LSX II/LS 50 Meta?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Appreciate the replies, I've had a think and feel the Genelec 8030 might be the right speaker for my setup.

Do you guys think they might be more suitable for my setup than the ones you recommended? The KEF looks interesting with the wireless function but not really sure I'll be moving the speakers around.

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 5
If you place them near you (near field) then it's best suited but will not have the same bass response as the AE1. But again AE1 is a traditional powered bookshelf speaker best for stereo setups.

How about a 2.1 setup? Say an EVE audio SC205 Bundle + TS107
https://www.thomann.de/gb/eve_audio_sc205_bundle_ts107.htm

Had this kind of setup on my computer. Always had a grin on my face while on my PC until my apartment neighbor started talking about the thumping :sweat_smile:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back