Small shelf system????
May 2, 2004 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
I don't know if this question belongs here, or in any other place, if you consider as such, please mods move it to the right place...and let em know...

Well my question is: I am looking for a good shelf system, for my wife, the one we had in the bedroom, passed away so we need a new one, the only requirements are: remote of course, it should be able to play more than one CD, 3 to 5 should be OK, nice clean sound, and small, no need to be portable, as it won't move, but if it is, better...radio, cassette, etc...optional...

Budget is no more under any circumstances of $300.00 total....the less the better.....so those nice Teac, Denon, etc...are automatically excluded, unless in the price range

May 2, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 28
If you are willing to settle for single cd, look at the Panasonic pm03.
Should be around 150. As good if not better than the Denon.

May 3, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 28
Nope, the main problem is that, we want to play it, while doing "other things" in the bedroom, for obvious reasons I will not stop what I will be doing, just to replace the CD...LOL....

Same reason I will not go back to LPs, or single CDplayers, I like to sit and enjoy at least three or four hours without standing up....call me lazy, and I will agree 100%, but that's life!!!!

May 3, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #4 of 28
LOL, 3-5 CD's? That's impressive.

I know this does not fall in your price range, but I use another computer in the bedroom which is networked with the music computer that stores all the music. This computer is dead quiet. I use foobar to play music. And, ahem, have *special* playlists for the occassions.
biggrin.gif
We also watch movies and surf on the bedroom TV.

Just something to consider in the long run.

-Ed

May 3, 2004 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 28
If you follow my posts, you will notice that I'm not a fan of using computer as sources, they could be great but I will never use them....I have a computer at the bedroom BTW, and it is networked by the main one at my livingroom, just that non of them are used for music, I have no music on them, not a single song.

May 3, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #7 of 28
I already saw that one, this is a single CDplayer

May 3, 2004 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
I already saw that one, this is a single CDplayer

Whoops. Could have sworn I thought it said 3 disc. Anyways, there are a few other JVC and Panasonic models that - I recall - do have 3-disc changers. Alternatively, you could get a budget CD-changer and powered speakers from companies like Cambrige Soundworks.

May 3, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 28
Although this denon D-M31 has only 1cd player, it has headphones jack in front, mission-made speakers. Very attractive, compact and well made product.
Many of those multi-disk shufflers break after some time.

May 3, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
If you follow my posts, you will notice that I'm not a fan of using computer as sources, they could be great but I will never use them....I have a computer at the bedroom BTW, and it is networked by the main one at my livingroom, just that non of them are used for music, I have no music on them, not a single song.

My mistake. Sorry.

-Ed

May 3, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #12 of 28
May 3, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #14 of 28
Here's a possibility. Get some used stack gear, like an old NAD 3020 or an old Rotel, and an old 3 disk changer. Then DIY some speakers using tangband drivers and MDF. I know it will take longer than you wanted it to but youll like the end result.

Ill get you started

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...093450258&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...094000007&rd=1

and

Speakers
http://www.creativesound.ca./details...odel=ELF1.0FPB
there is a kit that includes everything that is half price.

Total assuming doubling of the ebay prices and kit speakers
~$320

Come on and it leaves room for upgrades which shelf units dont.

Milo

PS im in no way affiliated with any of these auctions or stores

May 3, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #15 of 28
As I was searching and not looking at other people's findings, I found the same one as D-EJ915, but at a lower price (133) at Amazon.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back